Crack in top near right front bolt

Reddykilowatt

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
I have a squeak on the right roll bar plastic on the front door. The first time I took the t tops off I noticed a crack in the main roof where the front bolt is and where the t top flip lever Locks. I took it to my local dealer the didn’t know what to do, they took pictures sent the to Chrysler. Three days later the called and said the factor said looked like OUTSIDE INTERFERENCE. Like I did it., I call the factory they said take it to my local dealer. Round and round. The crack is about 1 1/2” long, I don’t think It will run any farther but either way I’m screwed. The t top lever does put pressure on the crack. I don’t know how they would fix it. I know they aren’t interested in giving me a new top and not sure fiberglass repair shop would help. Worried and frustrated....any suggestions????
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
By chance you could add a few photos of it, to clarify exactly what part is cracked.

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
The factory that makes the OEM hard tops is near me. Just lost their IATF accreditation due to poor quality. I’d continue to fight it.

Mikey_89

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The factory that makes the OEM hard tops is near me. Just lost their IATF accreditation due to poor quality. I’d continue to fight it.
I wonder if this is why hard tops are backordered?

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I wonder if this is why hard tops are backordered?
Most poorly managed operation I have ever heard of, at least of any size. They have been on mandatory 6 and 7 day weeks, and 12 hours for like 2 years now. Bus people in from over an hour away to come work, because no one local wants to work for them anymore.
Sponsored