First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Occupation
Department of the Army Civilian
I searched and couldn’t really find anything on this comparison. The 5” Apollo Pro lights I posted earlier were out of stock. Now I’m contemplating cube or round lights. I will be putting lights on the bumper and A pillar. I like the round look, but they have KC HiLite 3” cubes in stock half price. Cubes look good also, just gathering opinions.
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
I searched and couldn’t really find anything on this comparison. The 5” Apollo Pro lights I posted earlier were out of stock. Now I’m contemplating cube or round lights. I will be putting lights on the bumper and A pillar. I like the round look, but they have KC HiLite 3” cubes in stock half price. Cubes look good also, just gathering opinions.
Why not both? The side "shooter" works great, BTW...
IMG_0200.jpeg

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Personally, I like round lights on the JT. I mounted some Baja Designs LP6 Pros on the bumper. They are sort of a hybrid round/square. The housings are round but the lenses are flattened on the sides to produce a 200-degree light spread. I've always been dead set against mounting lights above the hood since I made the mistake of mounting lights above the windshield on one of my Jeeps. However, I've had a pair of BD XL-R (round) Racer Edition spots on order for several weeks and may mount them on the side of the cowl with the Rigid Designs adjustable mount. They only have a 4-degree beam. If they ever get here, I plan to hook them up temporarily and hold them in the cowl position to see if they cast any light on the hood. If they do, they're going on the bumper next to the LP6 lights.

By the way, it looks like Amazon has the 5" and 6" Apollo Pros in stock.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NateKY

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Occupation
Department of the Army Civilian
Well, these retail around $160 a pair and I scored them for $53 a pair at Pep Boys. My wallet made up my mind.
9A64DF9C-60D5-42CE-8CFF-80A09DCC8001.jpeg
DC80D47E-2CF5-440D-990D-FB9A95435C30.jpeg
1D0141B1-B3ED-411A-BD60-3F3310F894F0.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: