www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
20 JT, 15 JKU, 22 BMW 4, Challenger R/T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
There are three free cabins in Butte Valley on the eastern side of Death Valley National Park. First come first serve. This is my favorite of the three.

You can get there the less interesting way from Furnace Creek using West Side Road and Warm Springs Road. Or you can go through Goler Wash, Mengel Pass, and into Butte Valley.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rummie

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
And here is another cabin. This one has a Honeymoon Suite! LMAO! Just in time for Valentine's Day.

Chetnik

First Name
Marko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecodiesel Gladiator, BMW 135I (widebody)
Occupation
Automotive Industry
Pretty sweet. Never knew about these. ill have to check them out!

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
There are three free cabins in Butte Valley on the eastern side of Death Valley National Park. First come first serve. This is my favorite of the three.

You can get there the less interesting way from Furnace Creek using West Side Road and Warm Springs Road. Or you can go through Goler Wash, Mengel Pass, and into Butte Valley.

just as a coincidence, a few of my buddies just stayed here a month ago. Unfortunately, someone brought the covid and they all got it.

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
Death Valley is one of my favorite places. Just as @Rummie said these cabins are well known and hard to be first in line to get if you are going on a weekend. Other very interesting mills and areas to explore all over. If you can make the trip out it is worth the time and effort.

DV.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rummie

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Death Valley is one of my favorite places. Just as @Rummie said these cabins are well known and hard to be first in line to get if you are going on a weekend. Other very interesting mills and areas to explore all over. If you can make the trip out it is worth the time and effort.

Jeep Gladiator Death Valley free cabin #1. Geologist's Cabin DV.JPG
This was the first time we really got to explore DV. We will definitely be back!

Reactions: PJZ

Radio Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Broadcast Engineer
Here is another free cabin probably on the same loop. I stayed in this one about 2mo ago and it was great. It had running water from a spring, battery power with solar, hot water heater, shower, full kitchen and it was great. We wanted the Briggs cabin next door which had more amenities including ham radio antennas but it was occupied when we arrived. The Briggs cabin even has a shooting range and it was stocked with a clay pidgin launcher and a case of pidgins.

Here is the Stone Cabin where we stayed built into the side of a mountain. Free to stay in, just leave it nicer than you found it.

Jeep Gladiator Death Valley free cabin #1. Geologist's Cabin 1645063616142

OP
OP
Rummie

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Here is another free cabin probably on the same loop. I stayed in this one about 2mo ago and it was great. It had running water from a spring, battery power with solar, hot water heater, shower, full kitchen and it was great. We wanted the Briggs cabin next door which had more amenities including ham radio antennas but it was occupied when we arrived. The Briggs cabin even has a shooting range and it was stocked with a clay pidgin launcher and a case of pidgins.

Here is the Stone Cabin where we stayed built into the side of a mountain. Free to stay in, just leave it nicer than you found it.

1645063616142.jpeg
We walked around that one also! It had the Honeymoon Suite. 😂 I loved the chairs by the metal fire pit.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: PJZ