Sponsored

Does anyone have experience with these sliders?

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Looks like a new product. The only thing I can see that I donā€™t likeā€¦ is that they mount to the underside of the frame. If you want aftermarket skid plates. The brackets/bolts will interfere with them. But hey if you like ā€˜em, you like em

OP
OP
21Moja

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
Looks like a new product. The only thing I can see that I donā€™t likeā€¦ is that they mount to the underside of the frame. If you want aftermarket skid plates. The brackets/bolts will interfere with them. But hey if you like ā€˜em, you like em
I agree with the mounting, its not ideal if skids are wanted. They arent my first choice just something I came upon that didn't look bad and wasn't 1000.00+

D44hd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator rubicon
Installed on my Gladiator last night. Seem to be very well engineered, very strong and look great. Fasteners however are low quality Chineseum, soft and the black coating comes off the first time you put a wrench on them. I think rusty fasteners will be the norm. Use caution not to over torque, threads gall up easily. Time will tell how the sliders themselves stand up

OP
OP
21Moja

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
Installed on my Gladiator last night. Seem to be very well engineered, very strong and look great. Fasteners however are low quality Chineseum, soft and the black coating comes off the first time you put a wrench on them. I think rusty fasteners will be the norm. Use caution not to over torque, threads gall up easily. Time will tell how the sliders themselves stand up

Lets see some pics...

Sponsored

D44hd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator rubicon
Really liking these. Super strong, frame mounted. Hides the ugly pinch weld, and the cut out is right where my leg lands when I get out. Hopefully that means no too much mud or slush on my pants. We will see

OP
OP
21Moja

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
Really liking these. Super strong, frame mounted. Hides the ugly pinch weld, and the cut out is right where my leg lands when I get out. Hopefully that means no too much mud or slush on my pants. We will see
How is the usability as a step? So your main complaint is the coating, though that seems to be the main complaint for most sliders these days

D44hd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator rubicon
I was not really concerned about the step. I am just under 6feet and only a 2ā€ lift. I can step right in. Grandkids use it just fine. The Finnish seems fine on the sliders, the fastenerā€™s are terrible. They serve my purpose, sliders first, stopping stone chips on my hinges, and parking lot door dings ( pet peeve)

CDNGladiator

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Diesel Rubicon
Occupation
Health Care
I'm curious as to how well they hold. I just did some ACE sliders / steps but these are great looking. I've stayed away from RC (all products) based solely on reviews and feedback. Usually hear about the rust and quality over time. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
21Moja

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
I'm curious as to how well they hold. I just did some ACE sliders / steps but these are great looking. I've stayed away from RC (all products) based solely on reviews and feedback. Usually hear about the rust and quality over time. Thanks for sharing.
I hear rust issues with ALL manufacturers... The bare metal thing seems to be gaining popularity, then it's on you.
Sponsored