Downpipes

Micky

First Name
Micky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlur
Has anyone here tried the AFE, or any aftermarket for that matter, downpipes?

I have put longt headers on several vehicles and really like them but am not sure with how the manifolds are designed on the 3.6.

Thanks
Sponsored

mr_bots

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
The 3.6 doesn't have exhaust manifolds, they're integrated into the heads. I'm not sure what would be gained.

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I tried to buy the catted downpipes from northridge. They told me they weren't legal to sell even though they had them on their website and now they aren't even on their website now, but the decatted ones are.....

GloriaJT

First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon - Gloria
I just installed the AFE Power street series down pipes tonight with the help of a buddy. The instructions from AFE were not completely accurate. They say to remove all 4 bolts that mount the down pipe to the engine block, but if you disconnect the y-pipe bolts first, and then remove the top two bolts from the block, the bottom two bolts don't need removed in order to slide the pipe up and out of the mounting bracket that the two bottom bolts are holding that keeps the lower portion of where the pipe connects to the block. Once the stock pipes are out of the way you can then remove the bottom two bolts to release their mounting bracket and the gasket you need for installing the new pipes.

Tomorrow we will connect the driver side loop, the new y-pipe, and finally their hi-tuck cat-back exhaust. Excited to see how it sounds and performs!

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I finally got my set in too. Delivered that is. I'll be installing next week

Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
jk gear and gadgets tested the afe and reported that they felt better but accel tests showed no difference, iirc. the video is on youtube.

GloriaJT

First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon - Gloria
jk gear and gadgets tested the afe and reported that they felt better but accel tests showed no difference, iirc. the video is on youtube.
I saw that also while waiting for mine to get delivered. My down pipes are in now, along with a S&B cold air intake, AFE y-pipe, high tuck cat back, and the Scorcher GT power module. I am very happy with the down low power, and you are correct, the top end doesn't feel as beefy. The exhaust note is exceptional though, and I am hoping the ECU will continue to "learn" as it keeps breathing more O2 than it is used to. To install the scorcher module I had to remove my tazer mini. It went into limp mode the first time. I will likely try adding it back in this week. I wanted to give the system/sensors time to relearn levels before adding it back into the equation.
Sponsored