First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Web Designer
@toutenhoofd so you think Teapot Canyon was tougher than Elephant Hill? I did Teapot last year in my stock Rubicon Gladiator and it was fine. couple of scrapes on the hitch, 1 on the rear fender, nothing major or visible unless you look underneath. We went down Flint then down Teapot Canyon, past Mother and Child and as far as The Wall. We did not go all the way to the Dollhouse. After 2 nights at the Wall went back out Teapot and then out Sunset Pass and across the Dirty Devil and out.

Anyway, from the videos I saw on YouTube, I was more intimidated by Elephant Hill than the Maze, so I am encouraged if you think Teapot was harder :). I had hoped to try EH this October but it is fully booked. Maybe next year. My plan is to go in EH and then out Bobby's Hole to the south and then east. Was curious if I would need to go to 35s or 37s and a 2 inch lift to do that. Something I have been reluctant to do.
Now you're making me question myself... The thing about Teapot Canyon is that you are truly in the middle of nowhere. If something goes wrong you're 6+ hours away from a service station. On Elephant Hill you can easily hike a few miles and be back at the trailhead where there are always people. So maybe we were just being more cautious in the Maze. Elephant Hill is definitely more exciting, with steeper pitches, but it's never bothered me. I think I've done it three or four times in my Toyota Tacoma with 33s and a 3" lift.
Sponsored

Jeeping Schnauzers

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiater
Occupation
Self Employed
What lift do you have?
I went with the Tera-Flex 2.5 CT2 with Falcon 3.1 - it a good Lift but in a few weeks we are upgrading the shocks to be adjustable Be going to the Falcon 3.3, Nice thing is you Can buy the 3.1 and Later add a Cartridge to Upgrade to 3.3

Jeeping Schnauzers

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiater
Occupation
Self Employed
@toutenhoofd so you think Teapot Canyon was tougher than Elephant Hill? I did Teapot last year in my stock Rubicon Gladiator and it was fine. couple of scrapes on the hitch, 1 on the rear fender, nothing major or visible unless you look underneath. We went down Flint then down Teapot Canyon, past Mother and Child and as far as The Wall. We did not go all the way to the Dollhouse. After 2 nights at the Wall went back out Teapot and then out Sunset Pass and across the Dirty Devil and out.

Anyway, from the videos I saw on YouTube, I was more intimidated by Elephant Hill than the Maze, so I am encouraged if you think Teapot was harder :). I had hoped to try EH this October but it is fully booked. Maybe next year. My plan is to go in EH and then out Bobby's Hole to the south and then east. Was curious if I would need to go to 35s or 37s and a 2 inch lift to do that. Something I have been reluctant to do.

I have never Done Teapot or the Maze - But if did it Stock Elephant Hill is Tougher. Elephant Hill is a Loop so you Can do all of the Trail come back and Instead of Left Uphill you can go Right and Out Bobby's Hole - If you Exit on Bobby's Hole before completing the Loop you Miss all the Cool Fun stuff
All you need is 35"s & 2" Lift

"EH this October but it is fully booked"

Canyonlands will only let you Book a Permit it's Free 24 Hours ahead - So the 1st for the 2nd and They only allow 25 Passes a day and No more than 3 Vehicles in a group, There must be a space of 30 Minutes in-between each Group - If you go in a Group Each Person must get a Permit even though the website ask for how Many Vehicles Just leave it vas 1

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2009 Ram 3500 CTD, 2001 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
SVP/CISO
Just did it last weekend. Got 2 permits, one for my JT and one for the wife in her JLU. Some rocky sections, but very manageable.
Sponsored