Doctor Nick

First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mohave
Hello Everybody,
I am looking to do a CAT Back exhaust setup.
There are so many choices it starts to get confusing.
I like the Borla Dual set up but would like to know what mufflers everyone is running.
The Attack seems a little much. How does the touring sound?

I also lie the AWE dual but the 5" tips are a little over the top for me.
Do they offer a smaller tip?

Thanks Everybody.
Sponsored

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
I believe the AWE only sells the 5" tips. I had the AWE system on my Ram 1500 and it was beautiful. They know how to design a good sounding system without the annoying drone at 1700-2000 RPM. I can't speak to the Gladiator setup but after having borla and AWE, I would always go back to AWE.

In3briatedPanda

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Freedom Edition Max Tow
Occupation
Automotive
I run an AFE and it sounds good. No drone and not so loud it wakes the neighbors when i start it in the garage. I run a cold air with it and i like the sound. I gained nothing but noise, but I wanted a more throaty throttle sound.

I also wanted the Attack and like you, i think it would be too much for my liking.

Ive taken two trips with my exhaust and at interstate speeds there is no drone that i noticed. 3 hour trips each way

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
I have the Borla Ataks single side exhaust with dual tips .. Love it no complaints at all. It can get loud when you floor it .. Other than that no drone and cant hear it at all on the highway .. btw Borla customer service is top notch ..

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
Honestly you can just cut off the resonator and muffler put a turndown on it and get similar sound with better clearance.

The 3.6L sounds like a rice burner no matter what youve done. One of the worst sounding engines on earth short of a VQ.

Sponsored

JT-Mojave

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
R&D
I run an AFE and it sounds good. No drone and not so loud it wakes the neighbors when i start it in the garage. I run a cold air with it and i like the sound. I gained nothing but noise, but I wanted a more throaty throttle sound.

I also wanted the Attack and like you, i think it would be too much for my liking.

Ive taken two trips with my exhaust and at interstate speeds there is no drone that i noticed. 3 hour trips each way
Do you have RokBlokz on your Gladiator? I wanted the Borla with the dual tips (the price is steep) but it looks like it may come too close to the tire and interfere with the RokBlokz mount for the rear flaps.

I had an AFE intake and the Hi-Tuck cat-back on my JK and it sounded great (I also put an AFE cold air intake on my Gladiator)! The side exit for the Gladiator seems like it will sit further back and not hit the RokBlokz mount. Any way you could confirm or take some pics?

In3briatedPanda

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Freedom Edition Max Tow
Occupation
Automotive
Do you have RokBlokz on your Gladiator? I wanted the Borla with the dual tips (the price is steep) but it looks like it may come too close to the tire and interfere with the RokBlokz mount for the rear flaps.

I had an AFE intake and the Hi-Tuck cat-back on my JK and it sounded great (I also put an AFE cold air intake on my Gladiator)! The side exit for the Gladiator seems like it will sit further back and not hit the RokBlokz mount. Any way you could confirm or take some pics?
I do not have rockblokz.

mine is a high mount, not a side exit so it wouldn’t interfere with that i any way. Ill send a pic either way if you want.

my CAI is red rock. I’d never spend more than 150 on a CAI just to make noise. Not knocking those that do, but thats expensive for me just to be noisy.

Sara/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Ambassador of Stoke
We offer a few tip options on our Tread Edition system, 5" straight cut in either diamond black or chrome silver.

If you were looking for something more subtle, the Trail Edition has a dump after the axle so no tips for more clearance.

You can check out photos, sound clips, and more info right here: Gladiator Exhaust Suite.

Sara/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Ambassador of Stoke
Honestly you can just cut off the resonator and muffler put a turndown on it and get similar sound with better clearance.

The 3.6L sounds like a rice burner no matter what youve done. One of the worst sounding engines on earth short of a VQ.
While that will get you the clearance you are after the sound is not the same.

Obviously this is a V6 not a V8 so its never going to sound like one, but we are very passionate about releasing only the best, so if we are not in love with the sound we don't release the system.

The Gladiator system delivers a surprisingly deep rumble that I really enjoy (our shop truck is currently a gladiator so I have had the pleasure of driving it often.)

This is coming from someone who once had a straight piped VQ (not on purpose, and I immediately regret my actions), and now has a V8 in that car instead. :fist bump:

Last edited:

Sponsored

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase

Yup.. that's what I did but I cut the pipe in the wrong place and the remaining exhaust was just hanging there and eventually came lose. So I ended up getting an AFE Rock Basher.

If the OP is planning on deleting the muffler and resonator, cut the section of pipe between the first hanger and the muffler...

Jeep Gladiator Exhaust Question. Inkeds-l500

... then add a turn down.

Last edited:

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
While that will get you the clearance you are after the sound is not the same.

Obviously this is a V6 not a V8 so its never going to sound like one, but we are very passionate about releasing only the best, so if we are not in love with the sound we don't release the system.

The Gladiator system delivers a surprisingly deep rumble that I really enjoy (our shop truck is currently a gladiator so I have had the pleasure of driving it often.

This is coming from someone who once had a straight piped VQ (not on purpose, and I immediately regret my actions), and now has a V8 in that car instead. :fist bump:
Great response. I will say of all the 3.6 exhausts the AWE is definitely the "coolest" sounding. I have heard one in person it was almost acceptable.

I counter with cost. The muffler chop and turndown is...9$?

A proper full exhaust is 100x more. The sounds same same but different.

The full exhaust will look way better for sure.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Yup.. that's what I did but I cut the pipe in the wrong place and the remaining exhaust was just hanging there and eventually came lose. So I ended up getting an AFE Rock Basher.

If the OP is planning on deleting the muffler and resonator, cut the section of pipe between the first hanger and the muffler...

Inkeds-l500.jpg

... then add a turn down.
Also it sounds pretty good for just deleting a muffler AND no drone.

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
Good Post.. very informative.. Have friend with AWE.. really sounds good-no drone.. I have B2 Fabrication and the DRONE at 2K-22K has me on the edge of spending $$ to replace and trash IT. AWE will be at some fall shows at Carlisle Pa.

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Love my awe trail. I think it sounds real good and I have received multiple compliments from people when driving around.
Sponsored