Fab Fours Sport Rack and possible tonneau cover options

erikthetex

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I recently purchased the Fab Fours Sport Rack https://fabfours.com/product/jeep-jt-sport-rack/ and took off the soft tonneau cover that came from the dealer. The rack is fantastic...

Jeep Gladiator Fab Fours Sport Rack and possible tonneau cover options 1614452451242

The kicker is I got spoiled with the soft tonneau cover having that extra covered storage space.

I'm now mulling over what to do... install some Decked drawers (feels restrictive and would limit overall capacity)? Or maybe try to find a tonneau that works on the inside rails?

The bar has an edge that runs the length of the bed:
Jeep Gladiator Fab Fours Sport Rack and possible tonneau cover options 1614452912982

But the tricky part looks like it'll be up front because of this slight overlap and the width of the poles...
Jeep Gladiator Fab Fours Sport Rack and possible tonneau cover options 1614452981515

I reached out to BAK to see if maybe the rolling Revolver X4 would work and they stated it won't because of the bracket system (I see it now that I found some pics of the install on amazon (didn't think to look there!)).

The Sport Rack works with the mopar trail rail anchor system - it hugs the edges nicely and has a lip that goes under and down the side, using the same mounting spots. I'm wondering if I can get away with a tonneau cover that sits within that space, so long as they have some "tolerances" built in with the fit. The posts up front don't exactly protrude aside from that 2" span of hang over for the vertical bar joint.

Would any of you have recommendations about what may work here? Have any of you come across "flush with the top of the bed and inside the rails" options that don't chew up too much space?
Sponsored

OP
OP

erikthetex

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT

Aubie

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I was already planning the decked system for my gladiator and was wanting to see the sport rack on one, not including the website, to see how it would look. I like the look of the sport rack and will be adding it to the list.

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Have you thought about hitting up some sort of marine upholstery place? They could probably rig you up something nice, cheaper than decked.

Armsbearer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, 2021 JL Willys, 2014 MB GL63 AMG
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
I recently purchased the Fab Fours Sport Rack https://fabfours.com/product/jeep-jt-sport-rack/ and took off the soft tonneau cover that came from the dealer. The rack is fantastic...

Jeep Gladiator Fab Fours Sport Rack and possible tonneau cover options 1614452981515

The kicker is I got spoiled with the soft tonneau cover having that extra covered storage space.

I'm now mulling over what to do... install some Decked drawers (feels restrictive and would limit overall capacity)? Or maybe try to find a tonneau that works on the inside rails?

The bar has an edge that runs the length of the bed:

But the tricky part looks like it'll be up front because of this slight overlap and the width of the poles...

I reached out to BAK to see if maybe the rolling Revolver X4 would work and they stated it won't because of the bracket system (I see it now that I found some pics of the install on amazon (didn't think to look there!)).

The Sport Rack works with the mopar trail rail anchor system - it hugs the edges nicely and has a lip that goes under and down the side, using the same mounting spots. I'm wondering if I can get away with a tonneau cover that sits within that space, so long as they have some "tolerances" built in with the fit. The posts up front don't exactly protrude aside from that 2" span of hang over for the vertical bar joint.

Would any of you have recommendations about what may work here? Have any of you come across "flush with the top of the bed and inside the rails" options that don't chew up too much space?
Looks awesome. Is the sport rack installed right on top of bedside plastic trim?

Sponsored

OP
OP

erikthetex

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Looks awesome. Is the sport rack installed right on top of bedside plastic trim?
That's correct - it's just sitting on the bed edge.

I should have circled back to this thread as I ended up getting the @Maximus-3 cargo deck system and I'm anxiously anticipating the follow-up to it that creates a more sealed configuration. I really like the deck system so far. The one thing that kinda made me bummed out was that the mounting bolts for each panel require tools - it's not a big deal but I thought there'd be some handles on each one to make it easy to move the panels around.

yanchiou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
I came across this looking for a tonneau option for the fab fours sports rack

This is a rugged ridge retractable nodded to fit around the rack

797ECA3A-9231-4854-AAFF-D67DA6EAC251.jpeg