Sponsored

Maccam26

First Name
Marc-Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
You missed a spot… :LOL: Man wow, superbly done with cans. I’ve painted a whole car using cans beforebut he car was 20yrs old , that takes confidence on a newer vehicle to make sure you’d get it right. Congrats
Sponsored

OP
OP
realcfer

realcfer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys Sport
Wow, daunting to look at with everything apart but looks worth it. What was the most difficult part(s) getting off and back on?
The airbags were a little tedious but not impossible. If anyone does this, you need to disconnect BOTH batteries and wait a little bit to ensure there is no power before removing. This job took patience, no rushing. I started on a Friday, and got it back together late Sunday

OP
OP
realcfer

realcfer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys Sport
Well done!

Did you have any issues with fit when reassembling due to the added thickness of all the layers of paint? It certainly sounds like you did it the 'right way', I'm just imagining part fitment issues.

I've been considering doing the same, but I haven't made up my mind yet on painting all the parts like you did or a subset of them. I've never removed or worked around an airbag, that is daunting, like handling a grenade.
Thanks! It really wasn't bad at all. Just disconnect both batteries before removing the airbags. No fitment issues after painting. This is not a job to rush, make sure you have a few days that you can spare not driving it. I watched a ton of YouTube videos on this mod and just went for it. Good luck to you if you do it as well!
Sponsored