Fog light issues

bsteg7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold my JKUR and just got a JTR.
Occupation
Work
Power the LP6s with a relay that’s triggered by the fog circuit. You’ll use the fog switch to turn them on but the power will be coming straight from the battery.
Yup, that's a good idea. I ended up using the fog light switch/harness for the LP6 DRL (backlight) and AUX 3 (15A) for the two LP6 high beam circuits (13A).
Sponsored

Reactions: Tim

JeepnJohnny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Rubicon
Power the LP6s with a relay that’s triggered by the fog circuit. You’ll use the fog switch to turn them on but the power will be coming straight from the battery.
This is exactly what I want to do. Does anyone have a diagram showing how to hook up to a relay in this exact situation? I don’t do much electrical, but I can follow a picture. Is it a four pin relay, if so, which wire goes to which pin?
Thanks in advance!

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
This is exactly what I want to do. Does anyone have a diagram showing how to hook up to a relay in this exact situation? I don’t do much electrical, but I can follow a picture. Is it a four pin relay, if so, which wire goes to which pin?
Thanks in advance!
I don't have a picture handy, but there should be a diagram with the relay. There are two pins to activate it. The positive for the relay connects to the positive for the fog lights, and the negative to the frame (battery negative). There are two pins to feed the lights. One connects to the positive feed from the battery, and the other connects to the positive wire feeding the new lights.