Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
Hi All,

Tons of people have been asking why I choose to live in Canada.

Why would I subject myself to these freezing temperatures and nasty weather when I could be sitting on the beach in Australia... ?
You chose a great time to come back lol. The weather here in the Northwest and BC has been nuts!.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dan Grec

Dan Grec

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theroadchoseme.com
Vehicle(s)
JK Wrangler Rubicon, JT Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Overlander
Hi Everyone,

It's been a long time, but I've finally finished editing the conclusion to the Australia expedition.

Even after all of the adventures above, there was one track that haunted my dreams, and I knew I would never, ever forgive myself if I didn't squeeze it in.
It was actually closed for a couple of years for COVID, and it only opened when I was about half way round Australia.. I really didn't think I would be able to squeeze it in before the tropical rains came that close the track for many, many months during the "wet".

Dad flew in to Perth, and together we tackled The Canning Stock Route, the world's most remote 4x4 track.
We drove 1,058 miles over 10 days without seeing a single vehicle or person on the track, and it was absolutely the most epic adventure of my life. The scale of the wilderness, the remoteness, the camels, the dunes and of course the massive tropical thunderstorm that nailed us.
This was an extremely intense experience, and something I'll never forget as long as I live

Thanks for joining the Australian Expedition!

-Dan

PS I'm hard at work building my next expedition vehicle, and saving money for the next international expedition. More to come!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 18 JLU Rubi, 2008 JKU Rubi, 07 Vette
Hi Everyone,

It's been a long time, but I've finally finished editing the conclusion to the Australia expedition.

Even after all of the adventures above, there was one track that haunted my dreams, and I knew I would never, ever forgive myself if I didn't squeeze it in.
It was actually closed for a couple of years for COVID, and it only opened when I was about half way round Australia.. I really didn't think I would be able to squeeze it in before the tropical rains came that close the track for many, many months during the "wet".

Dad flew in to Perth, and together we tackled The Canning Stock Route, the world's most remote 4x4 track.
We drove 1,058 miles over 10 days without seeing a single vehicle or person on the track, and it was absolutely the most epic adventure of my life. The scale of the wilderness, the remoteness, the camels, the dunes and of course the massive tropical thunderstorm that nailed us.
This was an extremely intense experience, and something I'll never forget as long as I live

Thanks for joining the Australian Expedition!

-Dan

PS I'm hard at work building my next expedition vehicle, and saving money for the next international expedition. More to come!
I can't wait to watch this!

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
Epic finale, and it's been a lot of fun following along in real time on this adventure. Can't wait for the next one! Thanks for doing what you do.