Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Senior Microsoft Systems Engineer
Hey Guys,

I am not new to Jeeps, however I just to delivery of a 2021 Jeep Gladiator and my first upgrade is a lift wheels and tires. However, I know gears will come into play, currently running 4.10. At this time, not a issue, however those will be changed out down the road into next year with upgraded Axles. Now, back to Wheels and tires, already have the lifted, just needing some thoughts from you guys on Tire size. Can I run 40's on a 3.5 inch lift on the Gladiator? If so would there be in rubbing?

Thanks,
Frank
Sponsored

glendawg1619

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Carpenter
Hey Guys,

I am not new to Jeeps, however I just to delivery of a 2021 Jeep Gladiator and my first upgrade is a lift wheels and tires. However, I know gears will come into play, currently running 4.10. At this time, not a issue, however those will be changed out down the road into next year with upgraded Axles. Now, back to Wheels and tires, already have the lifted, just needing some thoughts from you guys on Tire size. Can I run 40's on a 3.5 inch lift on the Gladiator? If so would there be in rubbing?

Thanks,
Frank
I think that has a lot to do with what lift exactly, and what size offset on the wheels. I can tell you that with a metalcloak 3.5 and chopped fenders and with 3.5inch of backspace on the wheel running 13.5 wide tire you should be able to easily run 40s

glendawg1619

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Carpenter
Also, is it a rubicon? Because rubicon and Mojave’s have an additional 1.5 inches of axle width that will help fit the 40’s

OP
OP
JK Spartan Adventures

JK Spartan Adventures

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Also, is it a rubicon? Because rubicon and Mojave’s have an additional 1.5 inches of axle width that will help fit the 40’s
Hi Glendawg1619

Thank you for your reply. It is a Sport S. Since I was going to be dropping the axles for beefy ones in the future no need to spend the extra cash on a rubicon or Mojave. Also, the lift will be the JKS JSpec lift. It really is more of a 3 inch lift than a 3.5 in my opinion. Also, the inner fenders are coming out. The wheels I have in mine have a 4.5 backspacing. I am thinking I can at least get a 38 inch tire. My concerns when off roading just how much rubbing will occur?

glendawg1619

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Carpenter
Hi Glendawg1619

Thank you for your reply. It is a Sport S. Since I was going to be dropping the axles for beefy ones in the future no need to spend the extra cash on a rubicon or Mojave. Also, the lift will be the JKS JSpec lift. It really is more of a 3 inch lift than a 3.5 in my opinion. Also, the inner fenders are coming out. The wheels I have in mine have a 4.5 backspacing. I am thinking I can at least get a 38 inch tire. My concerns when off roading just how much rubbing will occur?
with 38’s, 3 inch lift and chopped fender you won’t have any rubbing most likely as long asyou set your bump stops right.Worse come to worse you can just slap a set of wheel spacers on if the backspacing is an issue

Sponsored

OP
OP
JK Spartan Adventures

JK Spartan Adventures

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
with 38’s, 3 inch lift and chopped fender you won’t have any rubbing most likely as long asyou set your bump stops right.Worse come to worse you can just slap a set of wheel spacers on if the backspacing is an issue
Thank you! Yea that is true. Also, if I have to I will just go with a bigger lift. Just Weighting my options at this time. I just took delivery of my JT on this past Friday.

glendawg1619

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Carpenter
Thank you! Yea that is true. Also, if I have to I will just go with a bigger lift. Just Weighting my options at this time. I just took delivery of my JT on this past Friday.
Congrats man! Let’s see some photos! Can’t wait to see what you end up doing

OP
OP
JK Spartan Adventures

JK Spartan Adventures

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Congrats man! Let’s see some photos! Can’t wait to see what you end up doing
Keeping the color matching fenders. Changing out the headlights to the mopar led. Lift kit, wheels and tires to start beginning of next year.

20211113_100724.jpg
Sponsored