Sponsored

Gladiator Hard Top Wiring On Soft Top Builds?...Need Concrete Facts...

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Get the premium soft top, and odds are you will probably never want a hard top. The premium one is so nice.
Yep that is me got a Premium soft top and my hard top is now sitting in storage collecting dust. Not sure if I want to sell it or hold onto it for a while.
Sponsored

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
defroster.jpg

@NACLS6, there seems to be a difference whether it is a Sport or Sport S model. Possibly the stripped down base Sport models don't have the wiring and the Sport S models do. All the Sport S models I've seen have the wiring. Haven't seen a base Sport model yet.

The easiest way to tell in person is whether the Gladiator has the defrost button on the climate controls. If it does, it should have the defroster wiring in the back.
As established earlier in this thread I confirmed my base sport has the wire, so I just went and looked and it does not have that icon nor can it be pushed.

OP
OP

NACLS6

First Name
Rome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Infiniti G37S 400+HP (For Sale), 14 Subaru Impreza
Occupation
Entrepreneur
defroster.jpg

@NACLS6, there seems to be a difference whether it is a Sport or Sport S model. Possibly the stripped down base Sport models don't have the wiring and the Sport S models do. All the Sport S models I've seen have the wiring. Haven't seen a base Sport model yet.

The easiest way to tell in person is whether the Gladiator has the defrost button on the climate controls. If it does, it should have the defroster wiring in the back.
I plan on ordering a rubicon, but haven't seen any with soft tops on the local lots for me to physically check. Seems like the rubicons should have the defroster button, based on the replys so far..

My rubicon came with premium softtop, I since purchased a hardtop, and the dv8 brackets for the freedom panels and the wiring was all included.
Good to know, thanks

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Yep that is me got a Premium soft top and my hard top is now sitting in storage collecting dust. Not sure if I want to sell it or hold onto it for a while.
I am so happy I went without the hard top. But in the 5 years my dad has owned his JKU the top has been in my yard for about 4.5 so I figured soft top was a pretty safe bet, lol.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I plan on ordering a rubicon, but haven't seen any with soft tops on the local lots for me to physically check. Seems like the rubicons should have the defroster button, based on the replys so far..

Good to know, thanks
My super base level soft top only Rubicon has a defroster button on it. No clue if it does anything but I am guessing it works the mirros and if I had a hard top on.
Sponsored