Gladiator long wheel base, no problem!

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
Bad relative to what? Compared to a slightly modified TJ/XJ yeah its not going to perform the best at least dollar for dollar comparison, but relative to every single other off the production line pickup truck it will be an absolute beast.
My TJ will belly up and get stuck (all wheels spinning) in deep snow (above frame). It’s just too light to push through it! My JT Rubicon has never had that problem... so far, it’s never been stopped, climbing the steepest grade, in the deepest snow, in the icyest conditions... it’s heavy enough, it plows right through graded snowbanks, and deep snowdrifts! The low torque is so good, I’ve never yet had to shift below 4H... let alone activate any lockers! (I have used 4L and both locker settings, not because I needed them, but just because I wanted to try ‘em out.) They work great! Super easy, just like swaybar disconnect! ;{
Sponsored