• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Indiana Gladiator Stock Suspensions Two Complete

OP
OP

JCJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator LE Rubicon White & Jeep Gladiator LE Rubicon Granite Crystal
Occupation
NAVY
OP
OP

JCJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
NAVY
To All that want these shipped, this is very costly. would prefer a local pickup

OP
OP

JCJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
NAVY
Tell you what come down and see me and we will work out something fare for you and me.
I can even install if you like, it has to be on the weekend for this as I work on the Naval Base NSWC CRane
my number 812-278-6497

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Understood. I thought these were the Mopar aftermarket 2" lifts. Thanks for the clarification. And I do not believe the Rubicon suspension gives any lift over any other trim levels. I could be wrong on that as it's just what I remember reading on this site.
Rubicon 1" over Overland - not a lift is it? thought it was taller springs. Dealer told me they sat 1" higher and that's exactly what I found when I measured every JT on their lot.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This may be what I want.......... I have a friend who lives by Fort Wayne - wonder how far away he is. I have to make a trip to him to deliver an engine anyway. eh, looked it up, too far to ask my friend to go get the stuff for me and keep at his place.
It would be a way to get a little more rugged suspension and a bit more off the ground.

Besch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland (sting-gray)
Hi,
What part of Indiana are you in?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Do you still have the wheels and which Falken tires - the M/T or the A/T?

Maximus Meridius

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S , 2018 Jeep Compass, 2016 WRX
The springs strength and the height of the 33’s make the difference. Stock Rubicon sway bar links, lower control arms shock length and spring length are exactly the same on a Sport S. Actually all the same part numbers on the links and lower control arms. The 2-1/2” Mopar lift has longer sway bar links and longer lower control arms. Control arms to get the caster back in spec after lifting it 2 1/2”. I put all the Rubicon take off take off parts on my Sport S and got 1/2” in the body lift.
Any one looking for stock Sport S parts w/300 miles on them let me know. I doubt if there will be any interest since there are so many out there now. The rear springs will give a stock Rubicon max payload!!

Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The springs strength and the height of the 33’s make the difference. Stock Rubicon sway bar links, lower control arms shock length and spring length are exactly the same on a Sport S. Actually all the same part numbers on the links and lower control arms. The 2-1/2” Mopar lift has longer sway bar links and longer lower control arms. Control arms to get the caster back in spec after lifting it 2 1/2”. I put all the Rubicon take off take off parts on my Sport S and got 1/2” in the body lift.
Any one looking for stock Sport S parts w/300 miles on them let me know. I doubt if there will be any interest since there are so many out there now. The rear springs will give a stock Rubicon max payload!!
The difference between the Rubicon 33" tires and the Overland 32" is actually not quite an inch. That gives you 1/2" height difference.
But that's not how I measure when I measure the differences in height - I measure between axle and frame or when I do cars like the Eagles after lifting or swapping springs, from center of hub to fender or some body part that is the same on the two vehicles I compare. So the way I measure the tires can be inches different and it won't impact what I look at.
Sport max tow springs won't give a Rubicon the same payload as the sport because of the difference in vehicle weights. That's been hashed out and about for months. If a Rubicon has 100 pounds more of options and other fun stuff, then you have to take that 100 pounds away from the payload the Sport had.
You will get some - but it won't be up to Sport with max tow level because of vehicle weight differences. That's why each vehicle you buy has a sticker on the door jamb that tells the payload for THAT specific vehicle. Options take away from payload. The rubicon is a lot heavier than a sport so can't have the same payload as a sport.

Maximus Meridius

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S , 2018 Jeep Compass, 2016 WRX
CURB WEIGHT
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Automatic Transmission (lbs./kg)
Manual Transmission (lbs./kg)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Automatic Transmission (lbs.kg)
Manual Transmission (lbs./kg) *weights differ by transmission called out
3.6-liter Pentastar V-6
4,672 (2,119)
4,650 (2,109)
4,672 (2,119)
4,650 (2,109)
4,742 (2,137)
4,720 (2,141)
5,072 (2,301)
5,050 (2,291)
Thanks for pointing out the error in my calculations. I didn’t realize a Rubicon was 400 pounds heavier

OP
OP

JCJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
NAVY
OP
OP

JCJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
NAVY

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes i have the stock wheels and tires
Rubicon could have either the Falken A/T or the Falken M/T tire - one is all terrain, the other more of a mud terrain tire. One rated well for snow, the other not so much for snow but great for mud.
Wondering which of the Rubicon tires they are - since it could be A/T or M/T. Will say clearly on the side of the tire.