Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
We just became a Goal Zero dealer in recent months and I took that opportunity to get myself the Goal Zero Yeti 3000x and am putting it to the test! My plan is to travel full time in my truck/camper so I needed a battery setup that would power everything I needed and, with how complicated it is to build a battery setup, this was an amazing option. I thought this was a great time to post my unboxing of the battery and give my first impressions.

At first glance, this thing is amazing. It's packaged well, very well built, and even comes on its own dolly for easy portability as the battery itself is roughly 80lb. Once I plugged it in I was even more impressed. The screen on the front shows you exactly how long until charged, how long until empty, how much input it's getting, and how much power it's putting out when things are plugged in.

Next step was to plug my fridge in once it was 100% charged. I plugged my IceCo VL60 into the 12v plug and away we went! The great thing about most of these fridges is they slow their power draw once they meet temperature so it will just continuously turn on as it needs to cool down some more. Next, I woke up today (Monday) and plugged in my laptop charger and dual monitor and it's handling them great. With the monitor, charger, and fridge running at full blast the battery estimates around 50 hours of runtime until 0% without any solar or vehicle charging added. So that being said, I can basically work an entire work week with my fridge running 24 hours a day and working 8+ hours a day on my computer (with it plugged in constantly). That's impressive! Now my computer is charged and my fridge has reached temp so I unplugged the laptop charger and my battery's new estimate to 0% is 71 hours.

This battery is capable of running virtually anything you need. My next test is my air fryer. I've seen videos of people testing all home appliances such as microwaves, blenders, slow cookers, etc.

Next step is to install my solar panels (I will have 200w of solar) and my vehicle integration kit. The VIK is an amazing addition to the GZ arsenal. It allows you to charge your battery bank using your alternator so it charges while driving. You can also buy a fast charger to get that thing charged up even quicker.

This thing has ports for USB, USB-C, 12v DC, 120V AC, as we

ll as a couple other ports to add an expandable battery setup. If anyone has questions, I'm happy to answer them as I learn more about this thing first hand. We sell all the Goal Zero batteries at Offroad Alliance and are here to help anyone find the right one for them!

Goal Zero at Offroad Alliance

Jeep Gladiator Goal Zero Battery Unboxing + Review IMG_5886
Jeep Gladiator Goal Zero Battery Unboxing + Review IMG_5865
Jeep Gladiator Goal Zero Battery Unboxing + Review IMG_5858
Jeep Gladiator Goal Zero Battery Unboxing + Review IMG_5853
Jeep Gladiator Goal Zero Battery Unboxing + Review IMG_5874
Sponsored

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
Just wondering what was the cost of the battery ?

OP
OP
OffroadAlliance.com

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
Just wondering what was the cost of the battery ?
The Yeti 3000x is priced at $3,499. It was pretty hard to swallow the price tag at first, for me but now that I have it and have been using it...this thing is beyond worth every penny. I've had it running my fridge, laptop, and dual monitor for 3 days and it's only down to 53% battery life.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
We just became a Goal Zero dealer in recent months and I took that opportunity to get myself the Goal Zero Yeti 3000x and am putting it to the test! My plan is to travel full time in my truck/camper so I needed a battery setup that would power everything I needed and, with how complicated it is to build a battery setup, this was an amazing option. I thought this was a great time to post my unboxing of the battery and give my first impressions.

At first glance, this thing is amazing. It's packaged well, very well built, and even comes on its own dolly for easy portability as the battery itself is roughly 80lb. Once I plugged it in I was even more impressed. The screen on the front shows you exactly how long until charged, how long until empty, how much input it's getting, and how much power it's putting out when things are plugged in.

Next step was to plug my fridge in once it was 100% charged. I plugged my IceCo VL60 into the 12v plug and away we went! The great thing about most of these fridges is they slow their power draw once they meet temperature so it will just continuously turn on as it needs to cool down some more. Next, I woke up today (Monday) and plugged in my laptop charger and dual monitor and it's handling them great. With the monitor, charger, and fridge running at full blast the battery estimates around 50 hours of runtime until 0% without any solar or vehicle charging added. So that being said, I can basically work an entire work week with my fridge running 24 hours a day and working 8+ hours a day on my computer (with it plugged in constantly). That's impressive! Now my computer is charged and my fridge has reached temp so I unplugged the laptop charger and my battery's new estimate to 0% is 71 hours.

This battery is capable of running virtually anything you need. My next test is my air fryer. I've seen videos of people testing all home appliances such as microwaves, blenders, slow cookers, etc.

Next step is to install my solar panels (I will have 200w of solar) and my vehicle integration kit. The VIK is an amazing addition to the GZ arsenal. It allows you to charge your battery bank using your alternator so it charges while driving. You can also buy a fast charger to get that thing charged up even quicker.

This thing has ports for USB, USB-C, 12v DC, 120V AC, as we

ll as a couple other ports to add an expandable battery setup. If anyone has questions, I'm happy to answer them as I learn more about this thing first hand. We sell all the Goal Zero batteries at Offroad Alliance and are here to help anyone find the right one for them!

Goal Zero at Offroad Alliance

Get you a good solar panel at least 100W. I don't have a big unit like this for my kayak camping needs but I have a Jackery 450 and a 60W packable solar panel. I can go a long time using that combination. Am thinking that a good 100 W Solar Panel and some good sun would put a good charge on it over time. Did Yeti recommend a certain size solar panel

Sponsored

OP
OP
OffroadAlliance.com

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
Get you a good solar panel at least 100W. I don't have a big unit like this for my kayak camping needs but I have a Jackery 450 and a 60W packable solar panel. I can go a long time using that combination. Am thinking that a good 100 W Solar Panel and some good sun would put a good charge on it over time. Did Yeti recommend a certain size solar panel
Agreed! I have two 100w panels going on the roof as well as the vehicle integration kit that will charge the GZ battery from my alternator. Yeti has 3 recommendations for each battery based on the charging time you want. 200W was the 3rd option they recommended. I would have gone 300w but I just don't have the roof space for it.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Agreed! I have two 100w panels going on the roof as well as the vehicle integration kit that will charge the GZ battery from my alternator. Yeti has 3 recommendations for each battery based on the charging time you want. 200W was the 3rd option they recommended. I would have gone 300w but I just don't have the roof space for it.
Ok yea that is a big battery 200W would be better. Its funny when I go on trips in kayak/camping, etc all the guys kind of laughed at the set up I had but now they all want to plug in to charge up there stuff because I can recharge things with the solar panel

OP
OP
OffroadAlliance.com

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
Ok yea that is a big battery 200W would be better. Its funny when I go on trips in kayak/camping, etc all the guys kind of laughed at the set up I had but now they all want to plug in to charge up there stuff because I can recharge things with the solar panel
Haha yeah everyone pokes fun until they need to recharge!

Reactions: BAT

DCPHOENIX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Dad
We’ve been looking at goal zero or jackery for a while now. Once the tax return comes back, we’re gonna have to choose one!

OP
OP
OffroadAlliance.com

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
We’ve been looking at goal zero or jackery for a while now. Once the tax return comes back, we’re gonna have to choose one!
Goal Zero definitely has a lot more options as far as add-ons. Jackery isn't bad but just isn't up to the quality standard of GZ. I'm even more impressed now that I've been using it for a few days.

Sponsored

DCPHOENIX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Dad
Goal Zero definitely has a lot more options as far as add-ons. Jackery isn't bad but just isn't up to the quality standard of GZ. I'm even more impressed now that I've been using it for a few days.
Yeah and I believe jackery uses their own connectors for the solar panels. Looking at the 1000x Goal Zero. Would be plenty to do what we need it for.

OP
OP
OffroadAlliance.com

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
Yeah and I believe jackery uses their own connectors for the solar panels. Looking at the 1000x Goal Zero. Would be plenty to do what we need it for.
Well let me know if/when you are ready! I'm happy to put together an order for you.
Sponsored