First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
I was planning on buying my wife a Jeep, until I had to divorce her cheating butt. I also wanted a Jeep and I needed a POV to drive every once in a while, so I bought Graycie. I'm trying to take my time with decisions and not do things I will regret. I started simple. I debadged her except for the diesel badge on the tailgate. Next I had Katzkins installed and on the next day I painted the inside of the hard top and made my own insulated headliner panels. I travel to see my grandkids sometimes, so I Line Xed the bed and bought a Backflip bed cover. A couple of weeks ago I put on some Go Rhino DB20 steps. I know they aren't hardcore offroading protection, but I want a full size step and my offroading will more than likely be closer to overlanding than rock crawling. Here is where I am at. I bought her in February of 2022. She is a '22 Sport S diesel.

Jeep Gladiator Graycie Graycie1

Jeep Gladiator Graycie Graycie2

Jeep Gladiator Graycie Graycie3

Jeep Gladiator Graycie Graycie4

I have a Mopar 2" lift on order from Summit Racing. By shipping to their store in Arlington TX, I can pick it up there and avoid $450 shipping. Scheduled to arrive 10/2.

Yesterday, I ordered Black Rhino Solids and General Grabber X3s in 37x12.5R17. I still need a 3/4 inch spacer for the front. Any suggestions?

My X told me that she likes my Jeep, twice. Just wait until I finish it.

Near term plans are a stubby bumper and winch. Eventually I'll install some lighting,
GRMS radio, and maybe a hood solar panel to keep everything topped off since I only drive it every week or two. I have a company vehicle for work with free gas.
Sponsored

OP
OP
The Crusader

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
The Teraflex 1" spacers and the Yeti adjustable track bar have arrived. The lift is scheduled to arrive 10/2. I'll have to check on wheels and tires. I'm going to make the call to order a different 37" tire and use it on the existing spare wheel. If the spare won't fit underneath, I might as well get a narrow and slightly shorter spare tire.

Who makes a 37x11.5R17 that will fit in the spare tire carrier? Since it's a dedicated spare, cheap would be nice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Crusader

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
I'm still waiting for the lift to arrive and I'm working the next 4 weekends. Everything is on hold but at least the overtime will pay for it all.

OP
OP
The Crusader

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
I ordered my lift at Summit Racing back in August. Every month, they bump back the delivery date a month. I ordered there to avoid shipping charges, but my wheels and tires are in and I can't install them because they won't fit until I install a lift.

Are Mopar diesel lifts hard to get everywhere or is this my fault for ordering through Summit Racing? Are all lifts this hard to get? What are my best options as far as other lifts, around 3"? If I'm going to do a lift quickly, I'm more likely to have someone else do it. Anybody know of a good shop in DFW? I'm on the East side of Dallas.

Sponsored

Sandevino

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
One hell of a way to start a build thread…lol!

Boostnu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
I ordered my lift at Summit Racing back in August. Every month, they bump back the delivery date a month. I ordered there to avoid shipping charges, but my wheels and tires are in and I can't install them because they won't fit until I install a lift.

Are Mopar diesel lifts hard to get everywhere or is this my fault for ordering through Summit Racing? Are all lifts this hard to get? What are my best options as far as other lifts, around 3"? If I'm going to do a lift quickly, I'm more likely to have someone else do it. Anybody know of a good shop in DFW? I'm on the East side of Dallas.
Check out clayton Offroad.
Sponsored