First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Agreed! I am avoiding the tax man sorta.
My trade is more than the Jeep so no tax but they are giving me about $3.5k under market on the trade.
Kind of a wash and I dont have to deal with selling our current truck.
Yeah his offer on my truck was not great so I traded it in on a vehicle for the wife instead.

I also have an older Yukon I'm selling. It's in great shape but I'm waiting till jeep is in hand so we have 2 rigs. If anyone knows someone needing a good family rig I'll let this go for a crazy good deal. 3rd row seats too.
Sponsored

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
Kent will pick you up if you fly into Boise. Not the cheapest way to do it but it's an option. I was in a hurry to get mine before a camping trip so I did that. Worked out very nicely.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Kent will pick you up if you fly into Boise. Not the cheapest way to do it but it's an option. I was in a hurry to get mine before a camping trip so I did that. Worked out very nicely.
I was gonna fly and I looked at tickets they were 178. Now they are 450. Probably gonna just drive out and back.

Jeep Rookie

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
Got to give a shout out here to Dillon's as well. They were $500 less and offered $500 more on our trade than Peterson. Dont think you can go wrong either way.

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
I was gonna fly and I looked at tickets they were 178. Now they are 450. Probably gonna just drive out and back.
There's also a bus that runs from here to there but it's a pretty long trip. Like 8-10 hours if I remember right. I was going to do that and sleep but just didn't have the time. It has wifi to keep you busy.

Sponsored

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
There's also a bus that runs from here to there but it's a pretty long trip. Like 8-10 hours if I remember right. I was going to do that and sleep but just didn't have the time. It has wifi to keep you busy.
I'm in logan so it's only a 4-hour drive. I'll load the kids up really early. Like 4am and theyll sleep all the way. Get there have a nice breakfast then send them home with mamma. Its only about 50 bucks in gas in her rig and I should make it pretty close to home in the jeep on the tank they fill up. My kids road trip great so I'm not stressing it out too bad.

Jeep Rookie

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
Maybe rent a car one way and enjoy the ride home with whomever you take. They will still pick you up at the airport if you have to return it there.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Maybe rent a car one way and enjoy the ride home with whomever you take. They will still pick you up at the airport if you have to return it there.
I looked at that too. 75 dollar fee for one way rental makes it about 180 bucks to rent even with sameday pick up and return .

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Wow! My status has all of the sudden been changed to "in-transit"
Im not sure thats a code but its good to be moving. do you have a ramp arrival estimate?

Sponsored

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I think mine is still waiting on a truck so it'll probably be the 11th before I can go get it.

Figures it would arrive just as I have to fly to the other side of the country.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
My Jeep landed in Boise today. Probably going to go up on the 11th to get it.

JT_Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon, 2016 Husqvarna FE350S
My Jeep landed in Boise today. Probably going to go up on the 11th to get it.
That stinks that you are out of town when it lands! Are you planning some time off for the build? :)

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
That stinks that you are out of town when it lands! Are you planning some time off for the build? :)
Yeah I might take a few days to build it. I have a couple weeks of leave I need to burn off.
Dealer sent me a pic while I was gone.
IMG_20191105_165529_01.jpg
Sponsored