Halo DRL wiring help

AV8tor

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Ford Bronco, Gladiator soon!
Hello- I purchased a set of LED Halo headlights on amazon and I’m trying to see how to wire up the Halo portion for DRLs. What I need help with is how to tap into the fuse box. I originally thought I would use a mini fuse tap and put it in the spot where the heated seats are because I thought I read that on here somewhere, but those fuses look to be different and my mini tap won’t fit. I did noticed some blank spots on the fuse box, K20ish or something like that, where it was labeled aux HD, could I just drop it in there? Any help is appreciated! Don’t know much about electrical stuff. Just need to get some power to the Halos!
Sponsored

OP
OP

AV8tor

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Ford Bronco, Gladiator soon!
You need a Micro fuse tap, that is what size they are.

Gregj
Doh... I bought mini taps. Back to look for micro tap. Thanks

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Just another option....

my led halo headlights also have a second wire that makes the halo blink orange with the turn signals. What I did was, pull the inner fender liner down (3 screws and several tree clips) then ran both wires to the inside of the fender flare and used those snap clip splice deals to attach the white light to the daytime running light positive wire and the orange light to the turn signals positive wire. By doing that, I can turn off the drl’s in the I connect settings and the halos turn off if I want to idle the truck with the lights off so it isn’t obvious the truck is running with nobody in it.

Jovan

First Name
Jovan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Just another option....

my led halo headlights also have a second wire that makes the halo blink orange with the turn signals. What I did was, pull the inner fender liner down (3 screws and several tree clips) then ran both wires to the inside of the fender flare and used those snap clip splice deals to attach the white light to the daytime running light positive wire and the orange light to the turn signals positive wire. By doing that, I can turn off the drl’s in the I connect settings and the halos turn off if I want to idle the truck with the lights off so it isn’t obvious the truck is running with nobody in it.
Which wires were they if you remember

Sponsored

Cianalas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport MaxTow
For the Halos, Quadratec makes a plug in harness that gives you options for running lights or DRLs.

I used it since, the instructions I got made it seem like the fuse tap would just be ignition powered.

guittarmaster

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Xterra (soon to purchase gladiator)
Occupation
Chemist

SPED1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport 2005 tj wrangler
Occupation
service & parts supervisor
Do you have a Sport? I’m confused because at the bottom of the page it says the pinout on the connectors are for the non-sport models but your profile on the side says you have a sport.
If it’ll fit I’m going to buy it tonight!
I do have a Sport it requires repinning to work there is also a less expensive version at quadratech

guittarmaster

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Xterra (soon to purchase gladiator)
Occupation
Chemist
I do have a Sport it requires repinning to work there is also a less expensive version at quadratech
How do you repin it? Is there a tutorial online somewhere?
I have a micro fuse tap that I used to get into F52 for the DRL, so I’m *mostly* looking for the turn signal, but I’d prefer to minimize extra wires where ever possible.

Swilliams

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
Occupation
Car salesman
Hello- I purchased a set of LED Halo headlights on amazon and I’m trying to see how to wire up the Halo portion for DRLs. What I need help with is how to tap into the fuse box. I originally thought I would use a mini fuse tap and put it in the spot where the heated seats are because I thought I read that on here somewhere, but those fuses look to be different and my mini tap won’t fit. I did noticed some blank spots on the fuse box, K20ish or something like that, where it was labeled aux HD, could I just drop it in there? Any help is appreciated! Don’t know much about electrical stuff. Just need to get some power to the Halos!
For the halos runa. Fuse tap to fuse 15 so they have the option to be constant .you can turn them off with a remote if they are like the lights I have. If they aren't Bluetooth controlled then sure tap into the drls , amber and white is positive and then run blinker to blinker light. But if you are like me and want to leave the halos on when you park or play with them while the jeep is off in the dark then F15 is constant power
Sponsored