OP
Harold0819

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
Okay, next add-on.....and first headache. So I've had a Genesis Dual Battery set up on my JKU for approx. 6-7 years. I decided before I got my JTR that I was going to install one on it. Got the kit on Black Friday sale from RCO and bought a set of Odyssey Extreme batteries directly from Genesis Offroad. Installation was straight forward, Shane's installation video on YouTube is top notch and takes you through the install literally step by step. Unit fit perfectly and works as it should. Now the headache. The small power steering reservoir, well between the dual battery kit and filtercharger kit the room in the engine is too tight. The filter charger kit won't fit. Power steering reservoir would have to be relocated. Talked to Genesis Offroad. They haven't seen or heard of this. My options...fab up some sort of a relocation bracket and make it work....not something I want to do on a truck with only 50 miles on it. Other option is remove the filtercharger and re-install the factory air box. This is most likely what I'll do. Anyone looking to buy a literally Brand New K&N Filtercharger kit?
The last 2 pics the reservoir is pushed down under the air intake tube, This allows the filtercharger to fit but would require a mounting bracket and replacement of the hose to work.

gladiator19.jpg

gladiator20.jpg

gladiator21.jpg

gladiator24.jpg

gladiator25.jpg

gladiator22.jpg

gladiator23.jpg

Sponsored

MarkO

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JT
Got my tires and wheels today. Love it!! Can't wait to get my lift installed

tires.jpg
Looking forward to seeing those installed. They look great. Same tires here, and I couldn’t be happier with them.

OP
OP
Harold0819

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
Okay, got my issue with my power steering reservoir sorted out. It was really easy. I was definitely overthinking things when I first posted about it. I took some flat stock and bent it into a reversed 'Z' shape. Drilled holes in the ends and used clip nuts and 1/4 -20 flange bolts. I used an empty mounting point on top of the motor. This allowed me to move it up and to the right a few inches. It is also adjustable and you can swing around a bit to make it fit better to your application. Got a longer piece of 9.5mm - 3/8" power steering hose and replaced the factory one completely. The hardest part was removing the reservoir and the hose without spilling or dripping any fluid in my brand new engine compartment....I know...but trying to keep it looking clean for a little bit...LOL.

Here are some pics if anyone else runs into this.

Gladiator33.jpg

Gladiator26.jpg

Gladiator27.jpg

Gladiator28.jpg

Gladiator29.jpg

Gladiator30.jpg

Gladiator31.jpg

Gladiator32.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Harold0819

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got a few more small things done today. Installed a set of KC Hi light underhood led cyclone lights. They work really nice, hooked them into my aux switches and run them off battery so I can switch them on without the Jeep on. Also installed set of Hothead Headliners, Mopar sill guards, and Mopar grab handles. Some minor things but fun nonetheless. Hopefully will get my exhaust and/or onboard air installed tomorrow.

Gladiator34.jpg

Gladiator35.jpg

Gladiator36.jpg

Gladiator37.jpg

Gladiator38.jpg

Gladiator39.jpg

Gladiator40.jpg

Gladiator41.jpg

MarkO

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JT
Got a few more small things done today. Installed a set of KC Hi light underhood led cyclone lights. They work really nice, hooked them into my aux switches and run them off battery so I can switch them on without the Jeep on. Also installed set of Hothead Headlin Mopar sill guards, and Mopar grab handles. Some minor things but fun nonetheless.
Also installed set of Hothead Headliners, Mopar sill guards, and Mopar grab handles. Some minor things but fun nonetheless.
Well done. The Sill Guards really look good. Thanks for the idea. Keep them coming.

OP
OP
Harold0819

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed my MBRP Pro series exhaust today. Fit perfect, sounds great. This exhaust is about half the weight of the factory system and it fits much higher and tighter into the frame.

Gladiator42.jpg

Gladiator43.jpg

Gladiator44.jpg

Gladiator45.jpg

Gladiator46.jpg

MarkO

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JT
Installed my MBRP Pro series exhaust today. Fit perfect, sounds great. This exhaust is about half the weight of the factory system and it fits much higher and tighter into the frame.
Outstanding. Any sound clips to share? Still trying to figure out exhaust options.

Also, did you mount the wheels/tires yet? Pics...

OP
OP
Harold0819

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outstanding. Any sound clips to share? Still trying to figure out exhaust options.

Also, did you mount the wheels/tires yet? Pics...

Haven't mounted the wheels and tires yet. Have them stored till my lift goes in.
I don't have a sound clip. Will try to make one. This one sounds good. Really happy with it. There are a lot of sound clips on youtube also
Sponsored