Have you tried the Bestop Bikini top?

calebowen

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
@Bestop Could you help me understand what benefit or difference the header / windshield channel provides? The MasterTop only includes the top, no header: https://www.quadratec.com/p/mastert...diator-jt/msp-bimini-plus-summer-top-jt-twill

I'm with Garzilla above, I'd pay for a cheaper soft top door surround setup so we can run the cable style top that's waterproof / sealed on the front and two sides, with the back open. My summer setup on the JLU was the Trektop NX with the back windows removed. I loved it!
Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
@Bestop Could you help me understand what benefit or difference the header / windshield channel provides?
A header or windshield channel gives a bikini a positive way to attach to the windshield, similarly to how a soft top would attach (without the quick release latches). Water will not come in between the bikini and windshield frame.

A bikini without a header or windshield channel like our "Sun Bikini" attaches to the vehicle just behind the windshield frame. This allows you to run it under a hard or soft top usually, but will allow water between the windshield frame and bikini if it's otherwise unprotected.

Our Cable-Style bikini uses a header. The cables integrated into the bikini further help it add coverage as it has a way to snug up to the door surround, but it requires door surrounds. Other types of bikinis will allow water between the edge of the bikini and a door but will not require door surrounds.

Let me know if I've left any holes in this explanation or if you have any other questions!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
I had one of these on my JKU and I loved it.

I have one on my JT and I love it.
Sponsored