First Name
Edwards
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota surf
Occupation
mechanic
I'm planning to buy a jeep gladiator next year but i'm not sure about it's reliability or maintenance. Anybody who can share with me his or her experience please?
Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I'm planning to buy a jeep gladiator next year but i'm not sure about it's reliability or maintenance. Anybody who can share with me his or her experience please?
Well, it is reliable if you maintain it.

Seriously, there many threads on here complaining about one issue or another.

Also threads where many folks said "no issues".

Your question is overly broad. What are your concerns?

OP
OP
Gilbert S

Gilbert S

First Name
Edwards
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota surf
Occupation
mechanic
Well, it is reliable if you maintain it.

Seriously, there many threads on here complaining about one issue or another.

Also threads where many folks said "no issues".

Your question is overly broad. What are your concerns?
For example I've heard people complain that the 2020 Jeep Gladiator is extremely difficult to steer when compared to Jeep models of the previous years.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
For example I've heard people complain that the 2020 Jeep Gladiator is extremely difficult to steer when compared to Jeep models of the previous years.
There is the issue with loose steering, that affects some small percentage of Gladiators and JL Wranglers. No one knows what the percentage is, but for a few owners it has been an important issue.

Jeep has acknowledged the issue and has issued a Technical Service Bulletin to dealerships instructing them how to fix it.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...b-08-074-20-for-improved-steering-feel.33705/

That is not a reliability issue, however, more like a design/assembly issue that has now been fixed.
Sponsored