First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Normally I give to kids, Vets, and dogs.
Dogs and kids can't get for themselves. Vets sacrificed everything for us.

Last night my wife and I had just finished dinner at a local restaurant that we frequent a few times a month. Chatting with the waitress she mentions how she and her husband had just bought their first house. As we walked out the door, I handed her one of those tiny folded up bills from the 'wife-don't-know' stash and said Merry Christmas. When we got to the truck my wife asked what I gave her so I told her and said 'she needs it more than I do'. I was saving for my next addition to the Jeep or whatever.

We drive around in new expensive vehicles, add everything to them, and beat them up like toys. Some people are just trying to survive and are working their butts off to try and do it.

Consider joining a civic club. Yes, the big ones can do big things but the smaller ones work close to home and help out your neighbors.

You sacrifice new 'Deer Blinding LED's' so someone can buy groceries or fix a runny faucet; you don't detail your new truck but spend that hour donating your time; help someone out on a trail, shovel your neighbor's sidewalk, a simple smile and 'hello' can change someone's day.

Help someone when you can.
Sponsored

Sparty

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR (Gecko) / 2021 JLR
We do that exact same thing every Christmas. While we donate through the company to the normal large charity/community help organization, I really feel this type of charity is beneficial. We know where it's going, the person really does need it, and it's direct.

I actually budget for many of those "tiny folded up bills" throughout November and December.

We aren't rich at all, but I know that we're very blessed and very fortunate. Anyone that has a roof over their head, full stomach, and family is in the same situation.

Merry Christmas!

Gladiator832

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2013 Ram Sport
Occupation
Plant Manager
We would go to different restaurants and on the way out i would stop one of the waitresses and have them add some checks to mine and my wife would always question me. Well God must of changed her heart because she beats me to it all the time. I told her the same thing you are saying. We have what we need and are fine, spread that to others. It will always change someone's life.
Merry Christmas.

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Michael .....spot on Brother. The world is a much better place because of small acts of kindness like this. Imagine if everyone did this. Thank you for being you.

It doesn’t take much at all.. as simple as saying thank you. Holding a door for someone ....a little extra thank you for great service. Stopping and asking if that person on a trail with their hood up needs help.

We are all truly fortunate in many different ways other than $$. A lot of folks today are just struggling and may need that little extra “boost” from the rest of us.

One thing I always do EVERY time all year long is when we are at a restaurant, I always ask the servers name and use it all throughout the meal. You may be amazed at how much just that simple little thing makes their day. They know you recognize them as a person and not just a “server”. I have had many come up to me and thank me ....I have asked for what? They always answer as above. “ You treated me like a person”.
Sponsored