First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
All of the A-pillar mounts are really ugly, and expensive. So I started looking around at things I already had or could make. I found some small aluminum spacers that fit into the cowl screw holes well, and some extra long bolts that worked (6mm). The bolts were from a TV mount, and the spacers might have been too. I had them sitting in a spare parts drawer in the garage. I cleaned and painted them, then just put the screw through the light bracket and into the Jeep. Super easy. The cable runs into a gap by the hinge, and along an open channel, to the factory AUX switch wires. A marine heat-shrink butt connector hooks it up there. They work great, and I think the look is fantastic.

Jeep Gladiator Home made A-pillar side light mounts 1587490547569

Jeep Gladiator Home made A-pillar side light mounts 1587490571827

Jeep Gladiator Home made A-pillar side light mounts 1587490810350
Sponsored

tfranks

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
This looks awesome! I have the aux switches too but haven't hooked anything up yet. Do you need to do anything with the fuses or just wire up the lights to the wires that are near the battery and then hit the aux button inside?

Also, do these get in the way at all when you open the hood?

Thanks

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
You can just connect them with the Jeep-provided crimps and heat shrink tube, and press the button, they will work. Using the radio, you can program the buttons to behave differently, such as being momentary, or whether they turn off with the ignition.

The lights are not in the way at all. That orange thing on the windshield was there because I had the hood folded all the way back to do the wiring. No issue with clearance.

tfranks

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Jeep Gladiator Home made A-pillar side light mounts 66859283-E7D8-427C-B92B-02F7D07B3C3A

Jeep Gladiator Home made A-pillar side light mounts D3AF7A88-EFA4-4F64-8B4B-B74902D914E2

Jeep Gladiator Home made A-pillar side light mounts 37EC05EB-97FE-4713-9FC4-ACED18351F3B

I copied your idea, except I didn’t have any spacers in a drawer and my local Home Depot only had these little narrow ones. They seem to be pretty sturdy though. Thanks for the suggestion!

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Looks good! They should be fine as long as you don't take any hits to them. Around here it's common to have trees hitting the sides and the lights, hence the term, "Arizona pinstripes." If you decide you want heavier spacers, I just saw something very similar to mine at Ace.
Sponsored