Sponsored

Hood Removal

Psycho Squirrel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 White Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, '14 Black Grand Cherokee Limited, '63 Blue Corvair Monza,
Has anyone removed their hood? I'm going to plasti-dip a portion of the hood black to reduce glare and I want to do it with the hood removed for ease of application. I know I could undo the exterior screws on the hood hinge but I don't want to "break the seal" on the paint. Looks to me that I could remove the bolts where the hinge meets the frame, so I'm curious if realignment is going to be an issue.
Sponsored

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator-Willys /18 Wrangler JLU-Rubicon
Has anyone removed their hood? I'm going to plasti-dip a portion of the hood black to reduce glare and I want to do it with the hood removed for ease of application. I know I could undo the exterior screws on the hood hinge but I don't want to "break the seal" on the paint. Looks to me that I could remove the bolts where the hinge meets the frame, so I'm curious if realignment is going to be an issue.
i took mine off my wrangler and getting the hood to go back on correctly was kind of a pain. It consitantly wanted to pull toward the front of the vehicle. Im OCD, and the hood locks didnt line up straight either. Its definitely a two person job.