HPG Gorilla Glass 6month Update

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Per my local dealer, the MOPAR Gorilla Glass is NOT available for the JT, just the JL. It's coming, but not out yet. He said there was some 3rd party vendor glass that is out there now, probably the HPG(?) glass
Yes. This has been posted many times lol. There is no option from Mopar for gorilla glass. HPG, a third party company, is where people are getting it. Corning gorilla glass is not owned by Mopar and work with multiple vendors.
Sponsored

fonzie

First Name
Alfonso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2020 JT, 1996 Bronco
Anyone know if there's an option for adaptive cruise control?

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Thanks for the information. I know what I’m getting if my WS needs to be replaced.

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Gorilla Glass:
$700
-$50 (LiteBrightDiscount)
$150 (local install
--------------
$800 total

I was fortunate enough to have my windshield last 15k miles before needing replacement, unfortunately, it did mean it was only 3 months old.

* I will share that up to that point; I was 100% surprised by how long it lasted based on the amount of items that had some big hits to the windshield.
Our JTR was subjected to a 1 month long road trip which included 1 cross-country trip , followed up with moving to a new state and several trips from Va/WV to Ga/Fl trips.

We replaced our w.shield with a Gorilla Glass windshield in Oct. On the first trip to Az (3 weeks later) took a direct hit from a rock that was easily 2" in size and very angular in shape at 80mph. Too our surprise, we had only some dust (rock dust maybe) on the windshield from the strike.

Since then we've had maybe 4 similar strikes; plus we live in WV where they use 1/8-1/4 gravel (AKA crush and run minus the binder) for the roads during snow as sand. Yeah, it makes driving interesting.

Under a lot of scrutiny, you can just make out a pin-head sized imperfection where 2 rocks hit, but nothing more.

Very happy with it so far.

*** Also, as a bonus; the windshield is extremely clear. Like almost HD4k type of clear vs a normal windshield (which I didn't even know was an issue until we owned the new one)
Thanks for this post! I’m ordering a replacement next month and I’m glad to see that your experience is great!
Sponsored