HYDRO BLUE PEARL Gladiator JT Club

HTownGladiator

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020gladiator
Cool. Thanks for the info/clarification. I drove a red Gladiator over the weekend and was impressed with how well put together it was. If I can get a deal, I might be joining the Hydro club in the future!
Hydro blue was an option most recently on the Jeep Cherokee, I’ve seen a few on dealer lots in the trail hawk trim. After seeing it in person it really sold me on ordering a HB gladiator once banks open.

HydroRubi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thesonsoflibertyband.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Gladiator Rubicon, Indian Spingfield
Occupation
Musician, Producer
To all the hydro blue friends, are you going with black hardtop and black flares or color matched when the options are finally available? Right now my hydro JK has black and the contrast looks great, but on the renderings the color matched looks amazing too. Just curious what everyone is doing. Super tough decision!
I'm getting a black top because I will run without the hard top during the warmer months. With the hard top being in storage at least 6 months of the year, it will fade at a different rate than the rest of the truck. I don't want a 2 blue tone Jeep! I also plan to get the black fender flares because I won't care if they get beat up.

HydroRubi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Musician, Producer
Yeah, I just was told by Travis in NC that it was a glitch that has now been fixed. However, the production date is supposed to be Aug 5th. If that date sticks, ordering should open by late June.
Travis told me that if the color is available August 5th, that's when he can order it. Why do you think order banks would open in June? I was expecting I would order in August and would hopefully see it in October. Does anyone know how long the current orders are taking to be fulfilled?

Scottism

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I'm getting a black top because I will run without the hard top during the warmer months. With the hard top being in storage at least 6 months of the year, it will fade at a different rate than the rest of the truck. I don't want a 2 blue tone Jeep! I also plan to get the black fender flares because I won't care if they get beat up.
Good Point. I've been struggling with trying to decide between black or blue top but this is a good argument if you are going to switch out to a soft top in the summer... hmmm! decisions decisions decisions

HydroRubi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Musician, Producer
Good Point. I've been struggling with trying to decide between black or blue top but this is a good argument if you are going to switch out to a soft top in the summer... hmmm! decisions decisions decisions
I was struggling with that choice as well, until I thought about that. I will run a bikini top all summer and most of the spring/fall. I KNOW the hard top will fade slower than the rest of the Jeep.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
Travis told me that if the color is available August 5th, that's when he can order it. Why do you think order banks would open in June? I was expecting I would order in August and would hopefully see it in October. Does anyone know how long the current orders are taking to be fulfilled?
Travis told me via an email exchange ... "I would say to check back with me in June-July to see if they've opened up." ... in regard to Hydro Blue orders.

Production is scheduled to begin August 5th. :fingerscrossed: Whenever a model has been scheduled for production, order banks have opened a month or so before that date. That's why I think ordering will open in late June or early July. If I'm right, I'll be ready to order as soon as possible. If I'm wrong, I'll try to wait patiently for the moment they open. :computerrage:

Last edited:

HydroRubi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Musician, Producer
Travis told me via an email exchange ... "I would say to check back with me in June-July to see if they've opened up." ... in regard to Hydro Blue orders.

Production is scheduled to begin August 5th. :fingerscrossed: Whenever a model has been scheduled for production, order banks have opened a month or so before that date. That's why I think ordering will open in late June or early July. If I'm right, I'll be ready to order as soon as possible. If I'm wrong, I'll try to wait patiently for the moment they open. :computerrage:
Thanks, I'm right there with you!

Scottism

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm kinda getting worried that this tone of blue is now showing up in the brochure too and doesn't match the Hydro Blue that is on the Cherokee Trailhawk... Anyone else confused on what color of blue it'll actually be?

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon
7A3C0105-C945-4C9D-8C75-462052D2831A.jpeg
You can’t go by the pictures on the Internet. If it wasn’t the same as the current color they would have used a different name. Trust me it will be worth the wait. I love my Hydro Blue JK.

Scottism

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you DamonC64. Just don't want to be waiting this entire time on the blue when I could have went for my 2nd choice if it's not like the blue of your JK Jeep. I currently have a Deep Water Blue Pearl

Racer5112

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1961 Ford Falcon, 1980 Dodge Colt wagon, 2018 Dodge Journey
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the route I'm going. Ideally someday I'll put a Rubicon style hood on it, I love that hood! I've tried to talk myself into a Tacoma or Ranger, but I just keep coming back to wanting a Hydro Blue Gladiator! I'm curious if it will even fit in my garage.... I'd hate to leave it outside.

Oh! Is there a way to get it with black grille accents instead of silver?

Jeep gladiator.jpg

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the route I'm going. Ideally someday I'll put a Rubicon style hood on it, I love that hood! I've tried to talk myself into a Tacoma or Ranger, but I just keep coming back to wanting a Hydro Blue Gladiator! I'm curious if it will even fit in my garage.... I'd hate to leave it outside.

Oh! Is there a way to get it with black grille accents instead of silver?

Jeep gladiator.jpg
It's a beauty! The inserts will be black from the factory on either a Sport S or Rubicon if you're willing to buy up or down a trim level. I haven't heard of that as a factory option on an Overland trim. If you're set on that trim level, you can always paint the grill inserts black.

The Gladiator measures 218" (18' 2"). I cleaned out & reorganized my garage yesterday so that it's ready for my Gladiator by the end of August. :like:

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
I'm really torn between black plastic fenders, and painted ones...