Sponsored

IKamper Skycamp 3.0 feedback?

jn18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GLS63, 2020 AMG GTR Pro, 2021 GT500
Hey all -

Anyone order one of these yet? If so, what made you go in this direction vs something else? The hardshell seems great.

I am having a hell of a time choosing my tent setup haha.

https://ikamper.com/products/skycamp-3-0/
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't go with that but
Jeep Gladiator IKamper Skycamp 3.0 feedback? 20220416_163211
a different model, I ordered from Camping World. Not as big but for just me. Now after I've used it more I'll be able to decide if worth while. Only slept in it 2-3 nights so far the last night it rained all night no leaks. I will say it's not worth as much as most are charging for them.

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
We've been a dealer for them for a little while now and I'm really impressed with the quality of the iKamper stuff. When doing my research for our marketing email on them, I was really psyched on all the features of the Skycamp models and the 3.0 is their best yet.

Some of my favorite features vs other brands:
- 1-minute setup
- Wind resistant and quieter than other family roof top tents
- Quilted, insulated lining for more warmth and less condensation
- Lightweight, aerodynamic hard shell for insulation and strength
- Honeycomb aluminum floor panels strong enough to hold 1.8-tons (that's an insane number)
- Skyview window

We've actually got a few in stock in our warehouse in MA in the black color, no wait at all. We usually ship within a couple business days (no shipping charge if you're close enough to pick one up).

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
The mattress pads in them are very thin. It could be totally fine for you, but for me personally I've decided that Autohome is the way; I've got my second Grand Tour 360 and the mattress is 3-4" thick and almost as comfortable as my bed at home. With some prior back injuries and lingering bs, it's the best I've had and tried (the Bundutec is probably 2nd but very heavy). I've had numerous tents, and Autohome all day over the 23 Zero folder, Alucab, Bush Co Alpha. Won't ever get another.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jn18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GLS63, 2020 AMG GTR Pro, 2021 GT500
We've been a dealer for them for a little while now and I'm really impressed with the quality of the iKamper stuff. When doing my research for our marketing email on them, I was really psyched on all the features of the Skycamp models and the 3.0 is their best yet.

Some of my favorite features vs other brands:
- 1-minute setup
- Wind resistant and quieter than other family roof top tents
- Quilted, insulated lining for more warmth and less condensation
- Lightweight, aerodynamic hard shell for insulation and strength
- Honeycomb aluminum floor panels strong enough to hold 1.8-tons (that's an insane number)
- Skyview window

We've actually got a few in stock in our warehouse in MA in the black color, no wait at all. We usually ship within a couple business days (no shipping charge if you're close enough to pick one up).
thanks for the info.

i am up in Canada haha. Probably can’t pick it up :)

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
thanks for the info.

i am up in Canada haha. Probably can’t pick it up :)
Haha definitely not but we do ship to Canada!

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
I picked up a 3.0 last month and extremely pleased with it. The mattress is upgraded but we went ahead and put in self-inflating mattresses for the hell of it. Best tent i ever owned!
The 3.0 upgrades are definitely worth it. I love that iKamper continues to make their tents better even though their first iteration was still an awesome tent. We've not had a single dissatisfied customer when it comes to iKamper since we've become dealers for them.

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The 3.0 upgrades are definitely worth it. I love that iKamper continues to make their tents better even though their first iteration was still an awesome tent. We've not had a single dissatisfied customer when it comes to iKamper since we've become dealers for them.
I really liked the side open version and would have been a great choice especially if stuck in windy area. I may regret buying the one I got (when) I get stuck in high winds vs side open style vs iKamper's. I knew I didn't want "tent" on roof of nylon only and have to deal with a cover too. Currently I leave hammock under quilt and blankets stored inside. Out of way ready to go on opening. A note you can pass on to customers on pop strait up versions is it can be a pain in rear getting nylon inside, not stuck all way in under shell. Second detail better quality than off brands and available customers support, I've had had one zipper fail. I will probably replace all 4 and sew velcro on to seal better for storms.

briandmiles

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 JTR ecodiesel, GMC Yukon XL Denali
I've got a smartcap and 1.5x3.0 aluminum extrusions for crossbars. Anyone know if the new 3.0 mounting brackets will a)fit around the extrusions and b) not run into the top of the Smartcap?
There is about 0.75 inches under the 1.5 inch thick extrusion.

Thanks,
Brian
Sponsored