Sponsored

Installed Cadillac Horns on my Gladiator…very easy mod. Sounds great.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Hi guys, I’ve been a forum poster for nearly 20 years on Covetteforum modding my Vettes. Love forums. First post on this forum and first Jeep.

I like to install Cadillac horns on my cars…Cadillacs have a 4 horn system, low F, high A, with low D and high C filling in the midrange for a Dm7 chord. We all know the sound and the 4 horns are LOUD.

http://www.delcoremyhistory.com/Products/horns.htm

Turns out this is a VERY easy mod on the Jeep. The Jeep comes with low F and high A, so all you need to mount is the D and C horns and the grille struts provide a perfect mounting point for 80’s Cadillac horns. The Cadillac brackets work perfectly. Tap into the wire for one of the horns to run the Cadillac horns and you’re good to go.

FC7C7AA4-FFCE-493B-9CBF-1D78C02957DA.jpeg
Didn't you need to install a horn relay? If not, no issues with popping the fuse due to the extra current draw?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Joe_G

Joe_G

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Vette Conv., 03 Harley Heritage Springer
Didn't you need to install a horn relay? If not, no issues with popping the fuse due to the extra current draw?
Great question. Nope. No relay needed and no fuse popping. I did have that problem on a Toyota but not the Jeep.

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Rockauto shows low and high tone horns for the ‘75 El Dorado in stock for ~$8 each. Not sure if the tone is the same as original equipment…

OP
OP
Joe_G

Joe_G

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rockauto shows low and high tone horns for the ‘75 El Dorado in stock for ~$8 each. Not sure if the tone is the same as original equipment…
I’m going to guess that those are the low F and high A tones, which most cars come with including our Jeeps. You need the D and C tones that add the mid range and give that classic Cadillac sound. These horns are pretty rare but you can get them on eBay for not much money, there are guys that go to junk yards and get them and resell them to people like me who like the Cadillac horn sound.

4-Play

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
I was thinking of going with Roadrunner horns.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Joe_G

Joe_G

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn’t get a video of the Caddy horns on my Jeep yet but here is a vid of them on my prior daily. What I like is, people know a Cadillac horn sound and they look around for a Caddy when I blow them.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Just did a little digging. Horn circuit F91 is protected by a 20 amp fuse. Each horn draws around 5 amps. Looks like the circuit can handle all four. 👍

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Hi guys, I’ve been a forum poster for nearly 20 years on Covetteforum modding my Vettes. Love forums. First post on this forum and first Jeep.

I like to install Cadillac horns on my cars…Cadillacs have a 4 horn system, low F, high A, with low D and high C filling in the midrange for a Dm7 chord. We all know the sound and the 4 horns are LOUD.

http://www.delcoremyhistory.com/Products/horns.htm

Turns out this is a VERY easy mod on the Jeep. The Jeep comes with low F and high A, so all you need to mount is the D and C horns and the grille struts provide a perfect mounting point for 80’s Cadillac horns. The Cadillac brackets work perfectly. Tap into the wire for one of the horns to run the Cadillac horns and you’re good to go.

FC7C7AA4-FFCE-493B-9CBF-1D78C02957DA.jpeg
Did you tap into the ground circuit of the horn or ground to body?

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I want to go the other way and put one of these on the outside of my drivers door so I can lean out of my gladiator and do the “honk honk” on a trail!

4F022A1E-E0A2-4A59-9C31-D2C40F7F4097.png

OP
OP
Joe_G

Joe_G

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want to go the other way and put one of these on the outside of my drivers door so I can lean out of my gladiator and do the “honk honk” on a trail!

Jeep Gladiator Installed Cadillac Horns on my Gladiator…very easy mod.  Sounds great. 4F022A1E-E0A2-4A59-9C31-D2C40F7F4097
😳😂

Did you tap into the ground circuit of the horn or ground to body?
The horns are grounded to the body through the mounting screw. No need to run an additional ground.

Sponsored

XJFanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Gladiator Installed Cadillac Horns on my Gladiator…very easy mod.  Sounds great. 4F022A1E-E0A2-4A59-9C31-D2C40F7F4097
For some reason I was expecting this when I only read half of the title and clicked on this thread :LOL:
😂😂 Actually saw a JT with those on the bumper and wood bedsides as I drove home from Ohio yesterday. Had to double check to make sure I didn’t make a wrong turn and end up in Texas.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT, 2020 Ram 2500, 2013 JKU
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
😂😂 Actually saw a JT with those on the bumper and wood bedsides as I drove home from Ohio yesterday. Had to double check to make sure I didn’t make a wrong turn and end up in Texas.
That’s not a Texas thing. Look at the plates….. California…

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
used Caddy horns should be easily and inexpensively sourced from a junk yard, or at least thats how we always used to get stuff like this. my brother and his friends were hot rod car guys and we sourced several of the Northstar V8’s that way for their projects.
I recommend taking a can of wasp spray with you along with your tool box. This late in the summer you are guaranteed to find wasp nests when you raise the hood of a car that’s been sitting there for a few years.
Sponsored