Sponsored

Installing Vos300 under-dash switch set and a 12 volt power socket in the armrest console like my JK had.

kmhappel

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CTO
I am installing the VOS 300 under dashboard switch set in my 2020 Gladiator Sport and a second 12 volt power plug in the armrest console (like the JK's had). The VOS switch set has a power button turning the whole group on or off - you can choose to have the unit always powered and have this on/off switch connect to the battery or you can have the whole group ignition switch on/off. I am going to use the ignition-on/off feature.

I am going to control three Axial twin LED row lighting units - one on the front bumper override bar, one forward facing on a Tyger sport bar (fake roll bar that we will also use to mount Rotopax gas and water containers on the cheek plates) mounted on the truck bed edge, and the third rear facing and mounted below the forward facing light on the Sport bar (the two lights forming a single bracket around the bar). The Tyger bar doesn't interfere with our tonneau cover. The switches will also control power to an ARB compressor, a second 12 volt receptacle mounted next to the OEM USB receptacle, and a 12volt-110AC inverter and plug for the truck bed. This is a picture of how the VOS switch looks.

Jeep Gladiator Installing Vos300 under-dash switch set and a 12 volt power socket in the armrest console like my JK had. 1625194921874

I will provide photos step by step. The VOS instructions have the switch control wires going through the hood seal, under the removable windshield cheek plate and around the windshield into the dash. Nope, there is a perfectly sized access hole right below where they want the wire to wedge through the hood seal.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
kmhappel

kmhappel

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CTO
First results. The two firewall holes referred to in other threads in the Gladiator Forum turn out to be problematic. The lower foam covered 1/2 inch hole is directly behind something mounted on the other side and the foam is a vibration damper. The other 1.5 inch plug above would not budge So I went around the firewall and up through the notch under the windshield. I also found the main harness passage on the lower side of the firewall behind the corner mouldings on the passenger side of hte cab. I will route the power plug and the compressor power through that hole and gasket.

pendragonz

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I did this install about a month ago, using their instructions to route the cables through the notch under the windshield. I haven't had any issues at all with it, so you should be good!
Sponsored