Sponsored

Is the factory spray-on bedliner standard on any of the trims? Weird question.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
One of the only options my Overland didn’t come with was a factory bed liner. After seeing some with them before my purchase and not getting it I was initially kinda bummed but looked into possibly getting the factory one afterward. Ended up going with Line X instead and couldn’t be happier. Way better than the stock one IMO. Although mine doesn’t see sunlight often considering I’m garage kept and I have a Diamondback Cover, I still opted for the premium version which is supposed to be UV resistant and looks slightly darker than the standard Line X. Regardless quality is on point.

A0AD06AE-62F2-4C3C-9558-291BE3AAA817.jpeg

4A080594-2D08-4DAD-B106-59FCC65A3A8E.jpeg
I've been happy with the factory liner - just a bit rough on the knees if wearing shorts........

As far as UV - imo, only a consideration if not using a cover. I've had various bed liners in variou truck and UV has just never been an issue. I believe it's more marketing than anything. I figure it would have to sit in the sunlight (even a light cloud cover lets UV through) with the cover off or open, and without stuff in it, for a lot of hours to do any real damage. I've never had any sort of liner sun-damaged.
That's my thinking - does it sit out with cover open or off, and in the light for days on end? There's no real risk for UV damage, and it never used to be sold that way and we all got by fine.

They were missed by the third party company that works with the Toledo factor for whatever reason. FCA paid to have Line-X installed for the customer.
These go back to the body vendor for the bed liner and hard top headliner and I believe sill guards. I learned from someone who works there that they actually install the tonneau cover right there on the line in the Jeep plant.
I have the details of mine, where it went, the date and exact hour, the date and hour it came back, and so on.

Mine has it on the build sheet and the window sticker, so we'll see. But I won't pay over the factory price to get something sprayed in if it's not there.

OP
OP
KidBobot

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Mojave, 17 Sienna, 92 VW Cabriolet
i went line x platinum on mine. i was not able to see a factory one before hand to check out and knew what i would get from line x.
IMG_6105.jpg
Wow that looks great - along with everyone else's too!
The local line x place just quoted me $700 for the platinum. I think I may just pop for this one too.

skindata

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Assembly Technician
I've been happy with the factory liner - just a bit rough on the knees if wearing shorts........

As far as UV - imo, only a consideration if not using a cover. I've had various bed liners in variou truck and UV has just never been an issue. I believe it's more marketing than anything. I figure it would have to sit in the sunlight (even a light cloud cover lets UV through) with the cover off or open, and without stuff in it, for a lot of hours to do any real damage. I've never had any sort of liner sun-damaged.
That's my thinking - does it sit out with cover open or off, and in the light for days on end? There's no real risk for UV damage, and it never used to be sold that way and we all got by fine.
I can attest to Line X never having a single issue with UV fading or any other kind of problems in the 6 years I owned my 2017 Silverado. It sat outside in the driveway the entire time in 100 degree weather in the summer to -30 in the winter and it still looks brand new.

I’m quite happy with the factory spray in bedliner on my Gladiator. I definitely agree with the “ow my damn knees”, it’s extremely grippy almost like a sand paper, which is a good thing if you don’t want stuff you throw in the back to slide around. I never understood why everyone thinks Line X is far superior to factory spray. Maybe I just haven’t used it long enough to notice much of a difference.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I can attest to Line X never having a single issue with UV fading or any other kind of problems in the 6 years I owned my 2017 Silverado. It sat outside in the driveway the entire time in 100 degree weather in the summer to -30 in the winter and it still looks brand new.

I’m quite happy with the factory spray in bedliner on my Gladiator. I definitely agree with the “ow my damn knees”, it’s extremely grippy almost like a sand paper, which is a good thing if you don’t want stuff you throw in the back to slide around. I never understood why everyone thinks Line X is far superior to factory spray. Maybe I just haven’t used it long enough to notice much of a difference.
I've had both - I also can't see it. I think it's like spark plugs, tires, the best color, or religion - there's a belief based on......................... who knows.
People have their favorites and will swear it's better - maybe for them it is, but that's not saying it is for everyone.
I can tell you this factory stuff is the hardest material I've worked with in a long time. I drilled through it and cut some recesses in it for screw heads and for rivnuts and It's harder than the aluminum below it.
Sponsored