Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Thanks for the pic.
Looks like the tent portion is fairly even with the top, but the ladder may prevent me from being able to pull into the garage.
What is the height to the top of the rack from the ground?
Sponsored

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the pic.
Looks like the tent portion is fairly even with the top, but the ladder may prevent me from being able to pull into the garage.
Mine fit in the garage when I had the stock tires on but haven't tested it since putting the 35's on lol. But I bet it's too tall now. Mine BARELY fits with my soft top back but it's too close for me lol. The soft top clip handle hooks rub against the rubber seal at the top of my door opening so that's a little too close for me.

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
Is it possible to mount some kind of cross bar on the half rack so i could use some of existing rack accessories, ie roof box, ski holder, etc?

lopez801

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Looks great! I have the same rack and love it. I installed some lighting on mine last week that turned out nice. Hooked up to the factory AUX switch makes it so easy!

BEDLIGHT1.jpg

BEDLIGHT2.jpg

BEDLIGHT3.jpg

ROOFTENT.jpg
do you mind showing how you attached the rtt please? one bolt per corner or two? did you use the plate that usually comes with the RTT's? I have my JCR half rack arriving on the 13th and just looking to be as ready as possible.

thanks

noodles

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator - Overland
This rack looks great!

The biggest issue i have with ALL the racks i've seen is.. how do you guys keep stuff in the bed, under the rack... DRY?!

Are there any racks/half racks that perhaps allow some sort of vinyl cover to go over it to still keep your stuff in the bed dry ? Very few, if any racks work with the trifold or soft tonneau covers.

Sponsored

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
This rack looks great!

The biggest issue i have with ALL the racks i've seen is.. how do you guys keep stuff in the bed, under the rack... DRY?!

Are there any racks/half racks that perhaps allow some sort of vinyl cover to go over it to still keep your stuff in the bed dry ? Very few, if any racks work with the trifold or soft tonneau covers.
@Maximus-3 said they're looking into making covers for their overlanding rack: Maximus-3 Gladiator Build [SEMA 2019].

noodles

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator - Overland

lopez801

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This rack looks great!

I installed the same Access tonneau cover that jcr show's on their website. not 100% but really good protection against the rain snow and dust. like i said not perfect but im super happy with the combo.

DougalsMD

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed a @JcrOffroad half rack today. Very nice quality and easy installation, now I need to get some accessories :rock:

20191003_190439~2.jpg
20191003_183558~2.jpg
20191003_190419~2.jpg

20191003_183432~2_resized.jpg
Looks awesome! Question though, what are the exterior dimensions once installed? Curious about overhang with a rtt. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
I have since switched to a Road Armor rack, but yes you can still see behind you as long as you don't have anything hanging below or on top of the rack. I now have a spare hanging from the rack, and have come to rely on the Tazer feature which turns the rear view camera on whenever I use my blinkers.

bhadfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I have since switched to a Road Armor rack, but yes you can still see behind you as long as you don't have anything hanging below or on top of the rack. I now have a spare hanging from the rack, and have come to rely on the Tazer feature which turns the rear view camera on whenever I use my blinkers.
Great. Thanks!

Dillo99

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Looks great! I have the same rack and love it. I installed some lighting on mine last week that turned out nice. Hooked up to the factory AUX switch makes it so easy!

BEDLIGHT1.jpg

BEDLIGHT2.jpg

BEDLIGHT3.jpg

ROOFTENT.jpg
Can you provide a link to the lights you purchased? Thanks!

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Can you provide a link to the lights you purchased? Thanks!
Hopefully the links work. If not I’ll try again.
These are the newer upgraded ones from the ones I have.

Nilight 18021F-B 2PC 4Inch Triple Row Lights 60W Flood Spot Combo 6000LM Bar Driving Boa... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D5S1SF5/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_i_.QdlFb...

Nilight 40001S-B Bar Super Slim 2PCS 7 Inch 30W Spot Driving Fog 3600LM Single Row Off R... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0197ZQLBA/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_i_nVdlFb...
Sponsored