Jeep Gladiator Camper - Adventure Trailers

kndrewa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 XJ, 2015 A3
I think this is interesting.

https://expeditionportal.com/the-jeep-gladiator-camper/

"The roof of the Summit can be fitted with cross-bars, which allows for 100 pounds of cargo (like a kayak) to be raised with the roof strut assist. The top is strong enough to support up to 600 pounds of static load when the lid is closed."

DSC_0566-1494x1000.jpg

"The bed is massive as a result of the longest cab overhang of any wedge camper on the market. This provides the rare feature of a person standing in the truck bed, while another sleeps in. It also allows for the bed to remain made while changing. The Summit top is deep enough to allow all (reasonable) bedding to remain in place when closing the top."

DSC_0556-1494x1000.jpg

Looks like plenty of space between the Jeep roof and the camper's cab overhang to allow the bed and cab to flex.

Not sure about entering and exiting the tent, though. Does that require climbing up on tailgate and then ducking in before standing in the bed? This photo makes it seem like accessing the tent would be challenging when the kitchen is set up like this.

70147170_433960687234962_6010678539047783518_n.jpg

Has anyone seen one or been inside one of these? I would like to see interior photos.

I'm curious about how the bedding is accessed and how the space below the bedding might be used. I like the idea that you could leave the truck bed empty for normal pickup truck tasks, or build in more permanent storage solutions for dedicated overland camping use.
Sponsored

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm wondering how much of that bed is actually usable at the foot area. It looks pretty tight for the last 12~18 inches down there. Also, what is up with the huge gap between the tent bottom and cab roof? I can see leaving some room for the Freedom panels to be pulled off, but that is a big gap.

Price is about "right" based on other bed shell campers like this. I still think they are a little too expensive. A good clam shell RTT will set you back $4k, so what is the other $5k+ going into? I guess it is just economic scale since they can't be making that many of these each year.

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I should add that I recently bought one of their 5lbs propane tank mounts and it was very nicely built at a good price point for what you get.

expfinn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I’ve been inside the same camper on a Full Size rig. To access the tent you do climb inside the bed onto the drawers and go up. The benefit of this over the traditional roof top tent is you can have a area to stand and change clothes or place a heater. If only it wasn’t so darn expensive I’d order one for myself.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kndrewa

kndrewa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 XJ, 2015 A3
I’ve been inside the same camper on a Full Size rig. To access the tent you do climb inside the bed onto the drawers and go up. The benefit of this over the traditional roof top tent is you can have a area to stand and change clothes or place a heater. If only it wasn’t so darn expensive I’d order one for myself.
Room to stand sounds good. Is the whole bed filled with built-in drawers and storage?

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
I think this is interesting.

https://expeditionportal.com/the-jeep-gladiator-camper/

"The roof of the Summit can be fitted with cross-bars, which allows for 100 pounds of cargo (like a kayak) to be raised with the roof strut assist. The top is strong enough to support up to 600 pounds of static load when the lid is closed."

DSC_0566-1494x1000.jpg

"The bed is massive as a result of the longest cab overhang of any wedge camper on the market. This provides the rare feature of a person standing in the truck bed, while another sleeps in. It also allows for the bed to remain made while changing. The Summit top is deep enough to allow all (reasonable) bedding to remain in place when closing the top."

DSC_0556-1494x1000.jpg

Looks like plenty of space between the Jeep roof and the camper's cab overhang to allow the bed and cab to flex.

Not sure about entering and exiting the tent, though. Does that require climbing up on tailgate and then ducking in before standing in the bed? This photo makes it seem like accessing the tent would be challenging when the kitchen is set up like this.

70147170_433960687234962_6010678539047783518_n.jpg

Has anyone seen one or been inside one of these? I would like to see interior photos.

I'm curious about how the bedding is accessed and how the space below the bedding might be used. I like the idea that you could leave the truck bed empty for normal pickup truck tasks, or build in more permanent storage solutions for dedicated overland camping use.
I saw this exact rig at the off road expo. You enter the tent from the side. Very well built but pricey at !0k in this configuration plus there is a two year waiting list.

Eagle02

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC TH
I have an order in for the Go Fast Camper... kinda the same concept just lighter and sits lower.

E19073DC-FEA9-44F8-B999-8483A9805B51.jpeg

1365F548-ACB7-4892-9682-1656EBEDB702.jpeg

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
This definitely caught my eye, but I wish it was visually more striking.... Idk it cuts the lines of the Jeep aesthetic a bit.
I agree with you . . . guess our "taste buds" are similar, ha ha ! Seriously though, the Go Fast was one I pointed out to all here Months ago . . . back when I was seriously in the buy mood . YOU should look hard at the LEENTU UTE ! If my memory serves, I think they are in Ohio ? Verses Colorado for Go Fast ! Much nicer "Fit & Finish" with the UTE ! Materials and design completely different - More like a CAP design with a pop top . I never liked the added versatility of All Sides being able to Open like on the Go Fast - exposing the not so nice looking FRAME ! Optional side windows more my style .
Had a talk with the Young Owner / Designer and inquired about bringing in my own windows - the high-tech kind that open upward so can leave open in the rain (like an awning) . Many of the more modern RV's are using this type now . He said, " as long as they "FIT" they would look into incorporating, so that's a good thing !
Pays to always keep on shopping until your ready to buy - just may find "That New Thing" you've always wanted !

Sponsored

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
I agree with you . . . guess our "taste buds" are similar, ha ha ! Seriously though, the Go Fast was one I pointed out to all here Months ago . . . back when I was seriously in the buy mood . YOU should look hard at the LEENTU UTE ! If my memory serves, I think they are in Ohio ? Verses Colorado for Go Fast ! Much nicer "Fit & Finish" with the UTE ! Materials and design completely different - More like a CAP design with a pop top . I never liked the added versatility of All Sides being able to Open like on the Go Fast - exposing the not so nice looking FRAME ! Optional side windows more my style .
Had a talk with the Young Owner / Designer and inquired about bringing in my own windows - the high-tech kind that open upward so can leave open in the rain (like an awning) . Many of the more modern RV's are using this type now . He said, " as long as they "FIT" they would look into incorporating, so that's a good thing !
Pays to always keep on shopping until your ready to buy - just may find "That New Thing" you've always wanted !
Yeah style aesthetic wise I think we like similar things. It's just that the design and the lines of the Jeep are so timeless and classic, I just think it would be a travesty to cut through that visual beauty. It has to be done right IMO.

I am def not ready to buy yet. My next mods are the Genesis dual battery kit and the Warn 12-S winch. After that I really like the Rebel Off-road overhead rack and the KC-lites. I am going to do the install in that order. Still deciding if SPOD is good but I feel like ARB has a better unit called LINX (vehicle access unit) - might get that instead... I just don't want to rush into things because people are still coming out with really awesome stuff.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
My next mods are the Genesis dual battery kit and the Warn 12-S winch. After that I really like the Rebel Off-road overhead rack and the KC-lites. I am going to do the install in that order. Still deciding if SPOD is good but I feel like ARB has a better unit called LINX (vehicle access unit) - might get that instead... I just don't want to rush into things because people are still coming out with really awesome stuff.
Sounds like you and I have similar build thoughts.

Looking forward to watching your build thread!
Sponsored