Sponsored

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Wow.... really... how things have changed... Jeeps were always about the open air experience off road and on road. Now it’s all hard tops and full doors... feels real claustrophobic to me. I’m the opposite. I’ve owned Jeeps with half door for 14 years... a JK and now a 2021 JL... they didn’t get them on the Gladiators quick enough for me.

They are smart and charge through the roof and make you buy both doors as they know those that know the experience must have them. It didn’t used to be a premium. It used to be a choice. If anything it was less... like choosing manual instead of automatic.

I’ve said it before here but I guess naturally people stick to the same thoughts about it unless you actually try it, but it’s not for everybody I guess as there is a little more effort involved. Benefits:
  • If it starts raining or gets too dusty or gets colder in the evening you simply pull over and pop the uppers on. If you have tube doors or no doors you need to rush home, get out your tools, and switch the doors, while it’s pouring rain. Half doors are a quick on/off as the weather changes or overnight or when parked at a public place you don’t trust. You don’t need to plan ahead and use so much effort every time you need to close up your Jeep.
  • The experience driving with half doors is sooooo much more fun (uppers off) and sooo different, especially with soft top open, but even with soft top on and all sides off. You can try to rationalize in your head that it’s no different than rolling down your full doors windows, but until you try it, it’s hard to understand. It is nothing Like full doors.
  • The half doors are safer than tube doors and no doors. They have collision impact beams. Your safety change lane beeps still work. Your mirrors don’t rattle like most aftermarket.
  • The finish on the interior is stock quality compared to aftermarket options.
In any case I am sure I am not changing anybody’s opinion if they are happy with what they have, but believe me it’s a totally different vehicle with half doors and a soft top.

EDIT: I never in 14 years had issues with scratches obstructing visibility. I’m really glad they finally made them available on the Gladiator although a bit too late for me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

AleYeah

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Sport, 1976 VW poptop
Half doors are a Jeep thing I don't understand. What's the attraction?
JKs and Glads aren't exactly an apples to apples comparison, but here are halfsies up front and regular doors in the rear of my JKU.
Jeep Gladiator Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) Introduces New Half Doors For Gladiator (as Part of Dual-Door Group) 40364786480_8ba4f44830

Huge difference in the size of the opening. Not at all the same as rolling down the window on full doors. (Look how the top of the front door is roughly even with the bottom of the steering wheel.) Comes in handy in a lot of ways.

Edit: I do loves me some halfsies, but no way in hell I'm paying $5k for the pleasure of dual doors when I finally get a JT!

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I like half doors because I use them for “cheaper” trail doors. If I bash them I’m not out $5k. Keeps some mud off me but I can see pretty well. Will have to pass on these. I have Bestop element doors with enclosures and they aren’t cheap but not $5k.

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Can the half doors be purchased after the sale?

I wish Jeep would just let you choose full or half doors at no charge, or 5k for dual doors.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Yes, it’s a shame Jeep makes you get both sets of doors for such a hefty price. You used to be able to choose either type of doors for no up charge, like you choose the type of tires for no charge today.

I’m sure eventually you will be able to buy the half doors from Mopar after the fact.

I know it’s not a Gladiator but...

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) Introduces New Half Doors For Gladiator (as Part of Dual-Door Group) 531523AE-932E-46A7-B239-4CDE299447C0
Jeep Gladiator Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) Introduces New Half Doors For Gladiator (as Part of Dual-Door Group) 64EE12E8-00C1-4387-B1EC-72053BF35CBE
Jeep Gladiator Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) Introduces New Half Doors For Gladiator (as Part of Dual-Door Group) 8A9B9CF2-7B88-4939-9572-F7FA37429C10
Jeep Gladiator Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) Introduces New Half Doors For Gladiator (as Part of Dual-Door Group) 02360BAA-B5AB-4AAC-AF34-0958FDC79A57
Jeep Gladiator Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) Introduces New Half Doors For Gladiator (as Part of Dual-Door Group) 117C8240-83D7-4E83-8724-44F337D8740E
Jeep Gladiator Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) Introduces New Half Doors For Gladiator (as Part of Dual-Door Group) BD73E88A-436E-4014-A460-F6A94DBEB512
Jeep Gladiator Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) Introduces New Half Doors For Gladiator (as Part of Dual-Door Group) 8B7B9E91-535C-493B-9E9F-F13CCE4433E7

Sponsored

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
5K, pffft. Thanks Jeep. Another pitiful overpriced money grab.

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr JKRX, Navigator L, 63 Impala SS, Lexus CT200h
Oof

I'd have happily ordered the 1/2 doors *instead* of the full doors, but I'm not paying $5k for both.

margrxsalt

First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Jeep Gladiator Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) Introduces New Half Doors For Gladiator (as Part of Dual-Door Group) jeeptopless1

I have posted this in previous posts. I love them!!!!!! Story goes i bought them brand new from someone that decided they didnt want them for their JL. I found them on craigslist. They were originally white and had doors painted inside and out to match.

Flip

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Occupation
Design
They look so much better on the Wrangler since they are the correct height for the body line. They are about an inch or so short for the truck bed line.
The more I look at these the more that door line bugs me.
It’s already a money maker sine it’s just repurposed from the JL, so cut the cost!
I could maybe understand the $5k if they took the effort to angle that rear door line back up to meet the bed.

Sponsored

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
Jeep Gladiator Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) Introduces New Half Doors For Gladiator (as Part of Dual-Door Group) jeeptopless1

I have posted this in previous posts. I love them!!!!!! Story goes i bought them brand new from someone that decided they didnt want them for their JL. I found them on craigslist. They were originally white and had doors painted inside and out to match.
Looks awesome, love the Gobi paint.

CFLgladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The more I look at these the more that door line bugs me.
It’s already a money maker sine it’s just repurposed from the JL, so cut the cost!
I could maybe understand the $5k if they took the effort to angle that rear door line back up to meet the bed.
I can't ignore the door line either. It's horrible. I feel they could at least come up with some add on to blend it into the body lines better.

Flip

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Occupation
Design
I can't ignore the door line either. It's horrible. I feel they could at least come up with some add on to blend it into the body lines better.
Ha!
That’s a great idea.
Maybe aftermarket solution.
Or if I ever get my hands on a set I’ll just 3D print myself a solution.