Sponsored

JK Sway Bar Links: Is this right? doesnt look right......

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Helping a friend this weekend and noticed this passenger side sway bar link on his 2018 JKU. He's got a budget lift done by who knows who (did it before I could educate him otherwise). The drivers side link is almost completely vertical. The passenger side is angled badly. It looks to me like it should have been mounted from the inside out of the mounting tab rather than from the outside in. My only hesitation is the potential clearance on the steering stabilizer mount.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FLUndertaker

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Helping a friend this weekend and noticed this passenger side sway bar link on his 2018 JKU. He's got a budget lift done by who knows who (did it before I could educate him otherwise). The drivers side link is almost completely vertical. The passenger side is angled badly. It looks to me like it should have been mounted from the inside out of the mounting tab rather than from the outside in. My only hesitation is the potential clearance on the steering stabilizer mount.
Pics added. Passenger side top pic and drivers side bottom pic. Sorry for the sideways pics.

Jeep Gladiator JK Sway Bar Links: Is this right? doesnt look right...... CBB28CB0-29AC-448B-AEA3-EDD781C2D91E

Jeep Gladiator JK Sway Bar Links: Is this right? doesnt look right...... D1DB5101-860E-416B-B2E8-2F778CFD951D

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
They look like rear links which have been swapped to the front, and the passenger side is not mounted in the right location. It should be swapped to the other side of the tab.

OP
OP
FLUndertaker

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They look like rear links which have been swapped to the front, and the passenger side is not mounted in the right location. It should be swapped to the other side of the tab.
Thanks. Thats an easy fix. Should the nut or the bolt head be on the outside of the tab? As far as the links being rears used up front, I dont know. Is here an easy way to tell fronts from rears? I see his jeep daily so I can check it out tomorrow.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Thanks. Thats an easy fix. Should the nut or the bolt head be on the outside of the tab? As far as the links being rears used up front, I dont know. Is here an easy way to tell fronts from rears? I see his jeep daily so I can check it out tomorrow.
It’s common to put on new longer rear links, and move the stock rears to the front. You can probably only fit the bolt in from the outside due to clearance, but it shouldn’t matter.

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
It may matter on the bolt direction. On the JT and JL if you put the nut toward the tire the end of the bolt once tightened sticks out too far and hits the tire on full lock. Not sure if the same issue exists on the JK. Can’t remember it being an issue when I had my JK but may have been.
Sponsored