Sponsored

JSCAN - glitch issue and resolution post it here

ad78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
here's what i have and no issue on connections so below link will work.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082PTBZ6K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTKSCEJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

first problem after changing my fog to stay on while on high mode. all of a sudden after turning it off then turn on again my CarPlay won't appear!
I had it sorted out by leaving the vehicle ON and the engine running. pull out the 2 wires and put them back again then turn off the vehicle. then starting again in few secs the CarPlay should appear.

2nd issue. When i tried disabling ESS or more popular auto/start stop on both hood and cluster the remote start will not work. Anyway, as the developer says he is still working on it.

so far this is the issue I had but got it resolved. I hope the developer soon will sort out the auto start/stop.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I think as far as the start stop goes the only thing you can do is remove the thing under the hood that others have done and the JScan will turn off the warning light on the dash that shows when you remove the pin, I think that's the resolution for it, or so it seems. Here is a video, I haven't tried it yet but was told that's what the JScan does, turns the warning light off.

Where it says hood ajar switch input present you deactivate that and it turns the light off on the dash. I could be wrong but that's how someone explained it to me. I've been meaning to try it but haven't gotten around to it.

OP
OP

ad78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I think as far as the start stop goes the only thing you can do is remove the thing under the hood that others have done and the JScan will turn off the warning light on the dash that shows when you remove the pin, I think that's the resolution for it, or so it seems. Here is a video, I haven't tried it yet but was told that's what the JScan does, turns the warning light off.

Where it says hood ajar switch input present you deactivate that and it turns the light off on the dash. I could be wrong but that's how someone explained it to me. I've been meaning to try it but haven't gotten around to it.
Tried just now and the notification still on dash even I deactivated them both on JSCAN

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Tried just now and the notification still on dash even I deactivated them both on JSCAN
I tried as well and had no luck, oh well, it was worth a try. I'm good with hitting the button but to be honest I've gotten good at pressing the brake in and keeping it from activating.

OP
OP

ad78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I tried as well and had no luck, oh well, it was worth a try. I'm good with hitting the button but to be honest I've gotten good at pressing the brake in and keeping it from activating.
Ok at this point we disabled ESS i found out that my remote start messed up and bot working this morning. I disabled ESS again and the remote start worked again.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Ok at this point we disabled ESS i found out that my remote start messed up and bot working this morning. I disabled ESS again and the remote start worked again.
I don't got remote start so I have no input there. Mines a basic sport Max Tow.

Foxtail

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport 2012 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited
Wondering if anyone has had issues with trying to change tire size with J Scan.
Pop up message tells me the vehicle is running, shut it down and switch ignition to run. If vehicle is not running just select continue and press go. I do this and it looks like it is working and then another pop up tells me to remove my cord from plugs under dash and reconnect and try again. Looks like it starts working and then I get a failure message. I must have tried this 50 times and no success. Restarted my phone and the J Scan app and still no luck. Anyone else experience this? I bought the right transfer cord and bluetooth OBD reader that was listed on J Scans web site.
Sponsored