OP
OP
CorvusOver

CorvusOver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
The 813 bracket is nice. I wish Jeremy had been making them when I had mine made, but I was a month or two ahead of him.
I got lucky on that one. I know he's working on some other Alu-cab specific stuff but don't know what. I'm trying to have as much ready to go as possible when the vehicle and ACCC finally land. Right now finding tires is a challenge... that and deciding on a front bumper.
Sponsored

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I got lucky on that one. I know he's working on some other Alu-cab specific stuff but don't know what. I'm trying to have as much ready to go as possible when the vehicle and ACCC finally land. Right now finding tires is a challenge... that and deciding on a front bumper.
He has mentioned a couple of items he is working on but I am not sure if they are public knowledge, so I will keep my mouth shut for now. But they will be good.

OP
OP
CorvusOver

CorvusOver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So how is the Jeep...mods...process...journeys...going. Like your thought process.
After several days searching for the tires I wanted I finally found a place with all 5 - IN STOCK!!! Soon enough I'll be sitting on a pile of tires waiting for the wheels and a vehicle to put them on. Everyone else was either an eBay scalper or backordered with an unknown delivery date.

Next - need to order the wheels and go see a man about a bumper. I've been looking at dozens and Hefty Fab is the only one that ticks all the boxes: Stubby, fits fogs, mounts for other lights, mid to low mount winch, bull bar that doesn't completely block the camera. Here's an image:

OP
OP
CorvusOver

CorvusOver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hefty Fabworks FTW!

Jeep Gladiator JTRD + Alu-Cab Canopy Camper 1642185714116

I spent too much time looking around for a front bumper that meets my needs and luckily stumbled across Hefty Fabworks JL/JT front bumper just a day or two ago. The biggest surprise is that they are only a short 15 minute drive away. I got the chance to stop by their shop today and talked to the owner for a bit. One of the nicest people I've met so far in the industry. That made it easy to place a deposit on a stubby front bumper, skid to protect the sway bar and some Baha Designs amber fog lights.

OP
OP
CorvusOver

CorvusOver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boom! Finally found tires and they arrived quick! While everyone else was out of these Custom Offsets had over a hundred!

Jeep Gladiator JTRD + Alu-Cab Canopy Camper 1642547314074

Sponsored

ScottHarr_JT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
Awesome build! Love the custom buildout in the camper. Did you mount any type of base plate in the bed to mount your drawers to?

OP
OP
CorvusOver

CorvusOver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's finally here! We finalized the sale last week and only have had time for minor mods (stubby antenna, screen protector) and scheduling the install for the lift/tires as well as bedliner. We did however manage to remove the rear seats after the Etorx bits arrived over the weekend.

Jeep Gladiator JTRD + Alu-Cab Canopy Camper PXL_20220304_175549442

OP
OP
CorvusOver

CorvusOver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's been installed so far:
  • 3.5" Clayton Overland +
  • Wheels/tires
  • Front bumper & Winch
  • Bedliner added (there was no factory option)
  • Rear seat removed
  • Seat Jackers added
  • Uconnect screen protector
  • Grab handle for the passenger
  • Coverking Topliner with added sound deadening
  • Stubby antenna

What's on the way:
  • Armorlite for the front
  • ACCC to be installed on the 15th
Here's some pix

Jeep Gladiator JTRD + Alu-Cab Canopy Camper side-lean

Jeep Gladiator JTRD + Alu-Cab Canopy Camper PXL_20220403_203311453
Jeep Gladiator JTRD + Alu-Cab Canopy Camper copilot

Dog is my copilot...

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2022 MK8 GTI
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cube Monkey
Hefty Fabworks FTW!

Jeep Gladiator JTRD + Alu-Cab Canopy Camper copilot

I spent too much time looking around for a front bumper that meets my needs and luckily stumbled across Hefty Fabworks JL/JT front bumper just a day or two ago. The biggest surprise is that they are only a short 15 minute drive away. I got the chance to stop by their shop today and talked to the owner for a bit. One of the nicest people I've met so far in the industry. That made it easy to place a deposit on a stubby front bumper, skid to protect the sway bar and some Baha Designs amber fog lights.
Have any pics? Just came across this company on IG last night.

OP
OP
CorvusOver

CorvusOver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have any pics? Just came across this company on IG last night.
I went with the low hoop so I can later add a couple of LP6 lights to either side. I also went for the amber fogs when I purchased. Winch mounted right up no problem.
Jeep Gladiator JTRD + Alu-Cab Canopy Camper PXL_20220410_170406342.MP
Sponsored