Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Some Jeep things are not the best all the time. No matter what. I bought one with the LED package because I can see better with LEDs. My aftermarket LEDs I put in my JKU never built up snow, so I didn't think about it actually. It wasn't snowing when I bought it and test drove it. I'm not personally worried too much as we don't get much snow in my part of Virginia. I do understand peoples frustration with headlights being rendered useless in the snow. Especially when we have to deal with govt mandated safety features that do nothing but annoy people. And auto start/stop sucks and is useless.
Explain how it sucks and is useless. You have studied in depth all types of driving conditions, and the impact on environment or fuel consumption across millions of vehicles and miles?

More like it annoys you, you've not seen all of the regulations that are coming or already exist (laws, etc.) and you simply don't like it.
The worst thing that happens is that it impacts your reaction time on your time slip at the track. (unless you drive a stick, that's a different animal, then)

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
Explain how it sucks and is useless. You have studied in depth all types of driving conditions, and the impact on environment or fuel consumption across millions of vehicles and miles?

More like it annoys you, you've not seen all of the regulations that are coming or already exist (laws, etc.) and you simply don't like it.
The worst thing that happens is that it impacts your reaction time on your time slip at the track. (unless you drive a stick, that's a different animal, then)
First because starting and stopping the engine all the time is stupid wear and tear on my engine.
Second, driving around a city all day saves a little more than a water bottle of gas.
Third, I was pulling out of my office one day and it stumbled just enough to make me almost shit my pants at the traffic coming. Has not happened since I disabled it.
So, for me, it is stupid and useless. And I have a second battery and electrical parts that can go wrong. I'm sure sure my water bottle of gas here or there is not destroying the environment more than the emissions I am saving by not flying, ever. You're welcome. Finally, We go on vacation to the beach every summer. I ride my motorcycle instead of driving. The gas I save also more than makes up for auto start/stop. Again, you're welcome.

Mudder17

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator-Ares
Driving up Rt. 15 above Williamsport PA., and to my buddy riding shotgun, I did my best Mel Tellis from Cannonball Run, “ I can’t see shit, can you!?”
Pulled off in Liberty to the gas station to find this. ( I cleaned the driver side for comparison)
Unreal...

210C26DC-7624-4C4C-981F-D458196AC743.jpeg

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Driving up Rt. 15 above Williamsport PA., and to my buddy riding shotgun, I did my best Mel Tellis from Cannonball Run, “ I can’t see shit, can you!?”
Pulled off in Liberty to the gas station to find this. ( I cleaned the driver side for comparison)
Unreal...

Jeep Gladiator LED Headlights & snow 210C26DC-7624-4C4C-981F-D458196AC743
A couple of things I’m noticing...

Would halogen headlights have fared any better? Looks to me like the recessed headlights are the major contributor to the snow pack.

Seems your defrosters worked just fine.

Kevin

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Would halogen headlights have fared any better? Looks to me like the recessed headlights are the major contributor to the snow pack.

Kevin
It was 22 degrees when my wife and I went to town (30 minutes away) this AM. Freezing fog and freezing drizzle on the way back. It started to freeze on the windshield left side where the wiper left the water and in the upper left and upper right parts. I then took the HVAC off auto mode, turn on defrost, set the temp to 72 and turned the fan up to I believe it was 4. A few moments later, the ice melted off and the wipers kept the windshield clear. I then turned the fan down to 2 and we drove the last 10 miles home with clear glass.

Mudder17

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator-Ares

Kevin
Good point!
Sponsored