First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray Sport S w/ Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Hey guys, hoping someone with more suspension experience can help me out.
My truck has the Mopar 2” lift and JKS Quicker Disconnect sway bar links.
I plan to add a teraflex spacer to remove some of the extra rake created when I added a bumper and winch. Will this change my sway bar angle, necessitating new disconnects? Mine are for a lift from 0-2”... does adding an inch spacer make this a 3” lift, or does it not affect that linkage?
Sponsored

OP
OP
CKUCF

CKUCF

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hey guys, hoping someone with more suspension experience can help me out.
My truck has the Mopar 2” lift and JKS Quicker Disconnect sway bar links.
I plan to add a teraflex spacer to remove some of the extra rake created when I added a bumper and winch. Will this change my sway bar angle, necessitating new disconnects? Mine are for a lift from 0-2”... does adding an inch spacer make this a 3” lift, or does it not affect that linkage?
Also, still hoping the question above gets answered, but should I use the bump stop extensions if I only use the 1” spacer from the teraflex Kit?

OP
OP
CKUCF

CKUCF

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Anyone?

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Im no expert but ill add my $0.02

to start i have a 2.5in front/2in rear spacer kit

after install i noticed the steering was worse and the body roll was bothersome. I ended up going forward with a lot of geometry corrections. I installed an adjustable track bar to re center front axle, synergy brace to stabilize steering box, a set of resr sway bar end links on the front sway bar, a fox steering stabilizer, and MPP lower control arms to correct caster. Arter all that i got an allignment and im now pleased with the feel and handling again.

now to your question. If you’re adding a spacer to account for drop in the front created by extra weight you’re essentially just taking it back to a 2in lift. So the sway bar link you have should be just fine.the minor change in body roll should be negligible imo. But if you decide it’s annoying look at a different set and sell the jks ones on this forum to offset the expense.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Also, still hoping the question above gets answered, but should I use the bump stop extensions if I only use the 1” spacer from the teraflex Kit?
this im not sure about. I guess its a matter of if your really going off roading or not. Im going the lazy route and will be adding some hockey pucks and poor man bump stop extensions.

OP
OP
CKUCF

CKUCF

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Im no expert but ill add my $0.02

to start i have a 2.5in front/2in rear spacer kit

after install i noticed the steering was worse and the body roll was bothersome. I ended up going forward with a lot of geometry corrections. I installed an adjustable track bar to re center front axle, synergy brace to stabilize steering box, a set of resr sway bar end links on the front sway bar, a fox steering stabilizer, and MPP lower control arms to correct caster. Arter all that i got an allignment and im now pleased with the feel and handling again.

now to your question. If you’re adding a spacer to account for drop in the front created by extra weight you’re essentially just taking it back to a 2in lift. So the sway bar link you have should be just fine.the minor change in body roll should be negligible imo. But if you decide it’s annoying look at a different set and sell the jks ones on this forum to offset the expense.
I appreciate the input. I’m installing the spacer Friday and I’m tempted to just buy the 2.5-6” jks Disconnects to have on hand just in case. JKS requires cutting off a tab from the axle so I’m afraid I’m stuck with this design regardless.
Sponsored