Lightweight winch setup?

macho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
Any recommendations on a front bumper / winch setup that will keep me from adding 150lbs to my front end? I'd like to retain use of my factory fog lights if possible but not a dealbreaker.
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I know my RR Arceus and Smittybuilt 12k synthetic is pretty light compared to most options out there. Avoid anything full width. Only way to go lighter is if you drop some money and go with aluminum. Or do a front mounted hitch and only attach it when needed.

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Do you have the Mopar winch ready steel bumper? If not, then go with Eaglerugby's recommendation of aluminum stubby and choice of 10k winch with syth line.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I've been looking at the RR Argus Bumper and a 10k Winch with Synthetic Rope. Just gotta hope the boss lady lands this new job she interviewing for and then will free up some money for some upgrades.

Sponsored

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Rugged Ridge Arcus - 74 pounds and a Warn VR8 with synthetic rope - 71 pounds. I had the new boxed up Warn laying around in the garage that I won at a Jamboree a couple years ago. Stock led fogs and steel skid (from the Rubicon plastic bumper) bolted right up. I added Maximus-3 flat tow loops, and beefed up the bumper mounting bolts with grade 8.

I sold the Warn XD9000i with the TJ. Best winch I ever had. I should of kept it for the Gladiator, but it was very old, and looked it.

Jeep Gladiator Lightweight winch setup? 20201121_111459

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Rugged Ridge Arcus - 74 pounds and a Warn VR8 with synthetic rope - 71 pounds. I had the new boxed up Warn laying around in the garage that I won at a Jamboree a couple years ago. Stock led fogs and steel skid (from the Rubicon plastic bumper) bolted right up. I added Maximus-3 flat tow loops, and beefed up the bumper mounting bolts with grade 8.

I sold the Warn XD9000i with the TJ. Best winch I ever had. I should of kept it for the Gladiator, but it was very old, and looked it.

Jeep Gladiator Lightweight winch setup? 20201121_111459
That is kind of the way I have been looking maybe not the same winch, etc but the Arcus Bumber with Winch
Sponsored