First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired law enforcement
Hello all, happy Easter. Purchased a set of Westin Outlaw nerf bars and when we opened the box, both bars were dented badly. New set being sent out this week but was wondering if anyone else had an issues with these? I bought them because I want a "running board" style step that will keep some of the rocks, mud, etc from flying up the sides. A little concerned also in how they attach (unless I am doing it wrong) and instructions are not all that clear. Anyone have these and love them? Or hate them? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
On the JT, no. In the past, on other vehicles.

They are light weight, won't take much of a beating. 16 gauge steel is 1/16" thick. Most sliders are 1/8" or thicker.

The instructions kinda sorta maybe suggest you're going to use the front and middle body bolt along with the pinch seam holes.

OP
OP

Aquadude

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired law enforcement
On the JT, no. In the past, on other vehicles.

They are light weight, won't take much of a beating. 16 gauge steel is 1/16" thick. Most sliders are 1/8" or thicker.

The instructions kinda sorta maybe suggest you're going to use the front and middle body bolt along with the pinch seam holes.
Thanks for the info. I doubt I give this truck much of a beating, we will primarily use it around campsite and maybe a few forest service trails. Do you know of any other brands that have full coverage running board type boards?

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Less than the Westin, aluminum so won't rust, don't know how they will stand up to a beating.

https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-side-steps-black-tubular-82215609?c=Zz1leHRlcmlvciZzPWFzc2lzdC1zdGVwJmw9NSZuPVNlYXJjaCBSZXN1bHRzJmE9amVlcCZvPWdsYWRpYXRvciZ5PTIwMjEmdD1tb2phdmUmZT0zLTZsLXY2LWdhcw==

Just an FYI, for the money they want for the Westin's, you can get Rock Hard 4x4 sliders with angled bars for about the same money.

https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-80106.htm
Sponsored