Sponsored

Max Modular/ KB VOODOO Bedrack shipping/assembly/initial quality w/ tonneau brackets

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
While I would like to do a comprehensive review of the Max Modular system ON my Gladiator, I do not have a Gladiator yet, so I will do a write-up on the shipping and assembly.

My desired setup was with the tonneau brackets that relocate the mounting position for those Gladiators that are equipped with the factory tonneau.

I did not order the trail-rail system so my rack will be mounted via the no-drill fasteners which are essentially clips that secure the rack under the bed rail with tension. I previously ran a steel version of the Max Modular rack on my Tacoma for a year. I lived in a RTT traveling the US with that setup and it was perfect the entire time. This time, to save weight on the Mojave suspension, I opted for the Aluminum version to shave as many pounds as I could. I also prefer the 10" variant which does NOT allow for the hard tonneau to open except for the last panel, and only a bit at that. This turns the bed more into a large, secure trunk that you reach in to. This fits my style of travel and intended use perfectly.

Why the 10" you ask? I run a very low-profile RTT from Tepui which allows the entire setup to sit almost flush with the roof of the vehicle. Less drag. Less wind noise. Clean streamlined look. Don't forget that the tonneau brackets add approx 2" to the whole setup. So, call the rack a solid foot with nothing mounted on it.

Here are pics of how it's shipped with everything laid out. I'll update this thread when my vehicle actually arrives someday!

The packaging is top notch and all the painted aluminum bits arrived in perfect condition.
Jeep Gladiator Max Modular/ KB VOODOO Bedrack shipping/assembly/initial quality w/ tonneau brackets IMG_2274

Jeep Gladiator Max Modular/ KB VOODOO Bedrack shipping/assembly/initial quality w/ tonneau brackets IMG_2275

Everything laid out looks like not much.
Jeep Gladiator Max Modular/ KB VOODOO Bedrack shipping/assembly/initial quality w/ tonneau brackets IMG_2278

The directions are lacking. Just use some common sense when assembling. Also, use anti-seize on everything that is part of the stainless hardware. Use WD-40 to remove any anti-seize that gets on painted bits.
Jeep Gladiator Max Modular/ KB VOODOO Bedrack shipping/assembly/initial quality w/ tonneau brackets IMG_2282

Jeep Gladiator Max Modular/ KB VOODOO Bedrack shipping/assembly/initial quality w/ tonneau brackets IMG_2283

Pictured below is one of the rear brackets that allow for relocation of the mounting point when using a tonneau cover on JT's with the Max Modular.
Jeep Gladiator Max Modular/ KB VOODOO Bedrack shipping/assembly/initial quality w/ tonneau brackets IMG_2285

Jeep Gladiator Max Modular/ KB VOODOO Bedrack shipping/assembly/initial quality w/ tonneau brackets IMG_2286

The left side of the picture below shows the rack orientation with the brackets for tonneau relocation.
Jeep Gladiator Max Modular/ KB VOODOO Bedrack shipping/assembly/initial quality w/ tonneau brackets IMG_2288

Pictured below is a rack in search of a truck to get mounted on...soon.
Jeep Gladiator Max Modular/ KB VOODOO Bedrack shipping/assembly/initial quality w/ tonneau brackets IMG_2290

I'll follow-up with an installation section w/ photos.
Sponsored

martingale

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking at purchasing a gladidator
I am building and install this exact rack as well and your pictures have been helpful. What I am struggling with is how to attach the rack to the truck bed itself. As others have pointed out the factory instructions are minimal and insufficient in this regard.

Any suggestions or updated pictures would be much appreciated.

OP
OP
GladiSD

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I am building and install this exact rack as well and your pictures have been helpful. What I am struggling with is how to attach the rack to the truck bed itself. As others have pointed out the factory instructions are minimal and insufficient in this regard.

Any suggestions or updated pictures would be much appreciated.
Would love to help but I still don't have my truck. I should have it in the next week or so. I upload install updates then. Cheers.

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
Did your truck ever show up?

OP
OP
GladiSD

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

OP
OP
GladiSD

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Last edited:

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
Would I recommend this setup after driving 3000 miles with it now? The honest answer is NO. The tonneau brackets really create a large gap on this specific application and make it all but impossible to get the tonneau rails that run front to back, to seat properly.

On my Tacoma, the brackets accommodated the tonneau cover way better. If you asked me if I’m happy with this setup now after 3000 miles...it pains me to say this, but no. KBVoodoo/Maxmodular need to do more homework before selling this specific setup for the Gladiator.

With that being said, there is no paint flaking or rust on hardware.
Thank you
Sponsored