First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Miata, 21 MaxTow
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
Doing some last minute errands, cane out of the store to my parked truck. Noticed a bunch of car parts on the ground next to me and thought “that wasn’t there when I pulled in” luckily they were parts off the nose if the Audi parked next to me. Caught a little damage to the rear fender, figure the girl pulling in caught her front bumper on the wheel mostly and removed quit a bit of her nose, wheel well trim, a grille, dislocated her bumper cover.

Gladiator drives fine, bit of scuff on the fender and the edging is a bit torn off, trip to the body shop is in order.

F54C8B74-B07D-4A32-9C43-A06F1C3A48C3.jpeg
Sponsored

TotallyReasonable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JT Willys
Bummer! Glad that its minor. Pretty ballsy to continue to just park broken next to the vehicle you just hit, did you talk to the owner?

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Someone hit me on the same spot, passenger side a while back. Luckily for me it was just the plastic piece though

OP
OP

Dartboy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Miata, 21 MaxTow
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
Bummer! Glad that its minor. Pretty ballsy to continue to just park broken next to the vehicle you just hit, did you talk to the owner?
It must’ve just happened, 17yr old girl, She hadn’t even figured out that the parts on the ground were hers, not mine. She was still looking at the front of her car when we got there. I almost felt bad for her for how bad her car was torn up (thought back to all the times my daughter trashed her car, I really felt bad for her old man BTDT 😆) We exchanged info, she was very apologetic.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Nice thing it wasn't a "hit and run" like happens too often. Maybe it's a learning experience for her - a hard one, but one she can live through.
And on your end - no one hurt. Damage is frustrating, but it's a throw-away part on these.

Been driving mine around with the snow plow on the front. My wife keep saying "you've got PLENTY of room" as I try to avoid other vehicles...........
I reminder her that just touching a modern car with that plow would shred their car. Probably open it like a can of sardines.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Doing some last minute errands, cane out of the store to my parked truck. Noticed a bunch of car parts on the ground next to me and thought “that wasn’t there when I pulled in” luckily they were parts off the nose if the Audi parked next to me. Caught a little damage to the rear fender, figure the girl pulling in caught her front bumper on the wheel mostly and removed quit a bit of her nose, wheel well trim, a grille, dislocated her bumper cover.

Gladiator drives fine, bit of scuff on the fender and the edging is a bit torn off, trip to the body shop is in order.

Jeep Gladiator Merry Christmas, first accident, ugh F54C8B74-B07D-4A32-9C43-A06F1C3A48C3
Sorry to hear of it, I was lucky getting where I'm at with out bad luck happening. I had a few "fly" past me in high $$$ cars then as I eased past one one in left ditch then the other in right ditch. If one would have made contact either my fender would have shattered or being so much ice it would have been like them hitting a concrete wall.

Nice thing it wasn't a "hit and run" like happens too often. Maybe it's a learning experience for her - a hard one, but one she can live through.
And on your end - no one hurt. Damage is frustrating, but it's a throw-away part on these.

Been driving mine around with the snow plow on the front. My wife keep saying "you've got PLENTY of room" as I try to avoid other vehicles...........
I reminder her that just touching a modern car with that plow would shred their car. Probably open it like a can of sardines.
Bill let's see some of the snow photos too maybe a snow n ice thread needs started. ;)

TotallyReasonable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JT Willys
It must’ve just happened, 17yr old girl, She hadn’t even figured out that the parts on the ground were hers, not mine. She was still looking at the front of her car when we got there. I almost felt bad for her for how bad her car was torn up (thought back to all the times my daughter trashed her car, I really felt bad for her old man BTDT 😆) We exchanged info, she was very apologetic.
Gotta feel bad for the kid, I remember trying to explain a few bumps and dents on my first car to my parents haha.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dartboy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Miata, 21 MaxTow
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
I didn’t show them that picture 😆 surprised it took this long to call me out on it. The guy on my other side was crowding my spot, I actually considered straightening it up, but figured it wasn’t worth holding up the cross traffic. Plenty of other spots available.

Im almost surprised they didn’t reach out and try to cover it without insurance, but I guess their car is definitely going in.

As someone mentioned, Jeep fenders are “disposable” my wife’s RDX would probably have been a couple grand. Plus it would further cement her desire to trade it in for a Jeep of her own nd wind up costing me a fortune 😆

OP
OP

Dartboy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Miata, 21 MaxTow
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
PS, as you the one I pass almost every afternoon on Sport Hill?
Probably, but I think I see more Gladiators in the morning than the afternoon 😆 there’s a few in the area.

This incident occurred at the CVS on Black Rock Tpk by Boston Market. Looking at the fender a bit. Today, I think maybe just some connections are popped out of place. When it get over 30*, I’ll look harder 🤪

OP
OP

Dartboy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Miata, 21 MaxTow
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
Reviving the dead thread for an update-

Finally got around to taking it into the body shop, estimate submitted and approved. Called the shop today to schedule repairs. The guy at the shop tells me he can't fix it correctly as the "MaxTow" fender trim is unavailable from Jeep.

Debating if I just call the insurance and take a cash payout and tuck the broken bits back together again. I don't think there's any hidden damage beyond the clips holding this stuff together. Or do I keep the file open and wait for the parts to become available? I shot a PM over to Benny at AllMoparparts to see if he has any insight into availability.

wranglerrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT
Reviving the dead thread for an update-

Finally got around to taking it into the body shop, estimate submitted and approved. Called the shop today to schedule repairs. The guy at the shop tells me he can't fix it correctly as the "MaxTow" fender trim is unavailable from Jeep.

Debating if I just call the insurance and take a cash payout and tuck the broken bits back together again. I don't think there's any hidden damage beyond the clips holding this stuff together. Or do I keep the file open and wait for the parts to become available? I shot a PM over to Benny at AllMoparparts to see if he has any insight into availability.
I don’t know if you’d settle for black textured max tow fenders, but I have a full set available in pa. $250 picked up

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/fs-max-tow-fenders-halogen-lights.61290/
Sponsored