Mesh top recommendations?

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I just added the Alienshade 2 piece today and love it. Spent a few hours out on a really sunny day and kept it cool and quieter. A little less turbulent driving with the doors off too. It was nice at night too. When I put the top back on I might want to take off the front, feel like I might get a little clostrophiboc with 1-2 inches of headroom.

Oh and I got this little guy:
Jeep Gladiator Mesh top recommendations? PXL_20210806_190239393
Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I run with the front panels off on the regular, and even with the whole top removed the wind noise is less than with no shadecover at all. Very different to a Bestop bikini on my YJ.

Also WAY BETTER QUALITY AND DESIGN from JTops vs the Spiderwebshade on my YJ. No comparison. I sent back the Spiderwebshade for my JT unopened.

Has anyone used the jtop with only freedom panels removed? If so, did you have any wind noise?

pkings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner
Another vote for @SPIDERWEBSHADE ....Have them on both Jeeps. Love the fact you don’t have to remove them for anything. Fantastic fit and quality.

Have a helluva deal on a Mopar one if interested. Brand new never out of box.

B18D6948-1537-479F-A60C-AA7DFAF5A10A.jpeg

C86DC78D-06F4-4595-8FF3-E137CCAE76EE.jpeg
I'm getting same warn doors. Which mirrors do u have on them and do they stay still no rattle at higher speeds

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I recently installed the hothead headliner for soft tops. Included in the kit are some plastic kayak J hooks. They're about 6 installed per side using factory screws. They work a lot better than the bungee balls going around the sports cage. I undid the bungees along the side of my ideashade and put them on the hooks. With the way you hook in the bungees on them, they pull the shades towards the upper part of the cage giving more head room.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
I’ve had both the JTops and a spiderweb on my JL. Both of them flap. When my JT arrives soon I am getting the yet to be released HotHeads top. They told me about it when I ordered my headliner panels last week. They said it should hit the street in a few weeks.
While it’s been almost 9mos since I posted this. I pinged HotHeads the other day and they said they are still planning to release a mesh sunshade for the JT. It will be made the same way their JL shade was made. They still didn’t give me an ETA, but I’m going to keep asking them.

Here’s the JL shade. This shade should not interfere with either the softtop or hardtop. No straps. The bungees attach to the screws in the rollbar trim.

https://hotheadheadliners.com/colle...p-wrangler-jl-sunshade?variant=39579506704450
Sponsored