Sponsored

Mopar 2" lift worth the $ to keep warranty?

Robicon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
To those that have the Mopar 2" lift on their Gladiator (and even those that don't but have considered it)... do you think it's worth the money for it and to have the dealer install it to keep all the factory warranty? Is there even any guarantee after install, warranty would remain in tact?

Reason I am asking... the Mopar lift here is around $2300 CDN from the dealer. Add on around $900 CDN for install and alignment. Then of course add tax to that.
For that price, it seems I can get a "better" lift kit and have it installed at a local shop for the same price.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Looking to go with some KMC 17" 0 offset wheels and 37" tires (still undecided on make) on my Rubicon JT. As the JT is only 2 months old, it would be nice to keep warranty since there is so much left.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Robicon

Robicon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I don't think they can technically void your warranty unless the problem it's directly effected by the modification itself.
Just hoping to avoid having to fight with them if the situation does happen. Didn't know if having a Mopar lift bought and installed from a dealer would help eliminate that fight with them if something breaks (during normal usage). Thanks!

JustKip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Nope
Pretty sure the warranty covers the Mopar lift, and in order to void the warranty with someone else's lift, they have to prove it caused a failure. The burden of proof is on them

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I am very happy with it for the Money on mine. Paid dealer $1700 installed at time of purchase. That included alignment and installing my Adjustable track bar and steering stabilizer I bought separately. And not having to worry about a warranty issue that they may say is lift related is a plus. I had them re gear mine at purchase also. 488 Mopar gears.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Robicon

Robicon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I am very happy with it for the Money on mine. Paid dealer $1700 installed at time of purchase. That included alignment and installing my Adjustable track bar and steering stabilizer I bought separately. And not having to worry about a warranty issue that they may say is lift related is a plus. I had them re gear mine at purchase also. 488 Mopar gears.
Quite a bit cheaper than up here. Basically what you paid for it with install is what we pay here for the lift alone haha
Damn you crappy CDN$!!!

If the border was open, I'd drive down and buy it there and have it installed.

Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Are there any consumer protection laws in Canada that might apply to new vehicles?

OP
OP
Robicon

Robicon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Are there any consumer protection laws in Canada that might apply to new vehicles?
Unfortunately not really. No lemon laws here which sucks. While we supposedly do have an equivalent act as your Magnuson-Moss act, I have heard horror stories when it comes to owners fighting for it.

JustKip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Nope
What did regearing cost?

1OffCraz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
My dealer installed and listed the Mopar lift as part of the purchase agreement on my new Gladiator. It not only maintains the vehicles warranty without question, it also covers the parts, and installation of the lift under the OEM warranty.

Sponsored

JkJT84

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w Max Tow
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I was advised by a reliable source that as long as the lift is under 2.5” it won’t void the warranty regardless of who installs it. Now if you can get the Mopar done at the dealer for a reasonable price go for it. That’ll cover everything but my dealer wanted almost 10k for lift and wheels and tires, no can do for me.

OP
OP
Robicon

Robicon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I was advised by a reliable source that as long as the lift is under 2.5” it won’t void the warranty regardless of who installs it. Now if you can get the Mopar done at the dealer for a reasonable price go for it. That’ll cover everything but my dealer wanted almost 10k for lift and wheels and tires, no can do for me.
Wow! What size tires were they quoting? 37's?

JkJT84

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! What size tires were they quoting? 37's?
That was with 35’s they wouldn’t do the 37’s. And it was 8500 plus tax, so I exaggerated a bit but none the less it was way overpriced to not even get what I really wanted

1OffCraz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
That's correct, it won't void your warranty, but if you have a failure, and they can blame it on the self installed lift, you're in for an unpleasant experience. Believe me, i've been in that situation before.

10K for lift and wheels/tires installed? That's insane! I wouldn't have paid that either.
I was out the door with Mopar Lift installed, Mopar wheels and 33" FireStones for under $5K

JkJT84

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase
That's correct, it won't void your warranty, but if you have a failure, and they can blame it on the self installed lift, you're in for an unpleasant experience. Believe me, i've been in that situation before.

10K for lift and wheels/tires installed? That's insane! I wouldn't have paid that either.
I was out the door with Mopar Lift installed, Mopar wheels and 33" FireStones for under $5K
That’s just slightly more then I paid for mine with 37s so I would have easily paid a little extra for the peace of mind.
Sponsored