Mopar Grab Handles No Longer Fit

Eternity

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Diesel
I'm going to take off the soft top frame and grind out a little notch where the handle strap should go. The notch only needs to be deep enough for the thickness of the strap.
Sponsored

Eternity

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Diesel
They don’t fit with soft-top on the rear, just front. Part of the soft top mounting system.
Well, they do and they don't. I was frustrated in custom ordering my Gladiator and including these with the vehicle, but the dealer/factory didn't install them. They just threw them under the rear seat figuring I wouldn't notice until later...which is what happened.

I really want these installed and thought I might just grind away a little of the plastic on the bottom of the rear soft-top support, but it would take away a lot of the bottom structure that appears to be very essential. Instead of filling the whole structure to give support and go through the possibility of damaging those brackets, I decided to just try to install the grip under the soft-top mount.

Unscrewing the large bolt that goes through the frame and the two smaller one connecting to the outer trim, the mount comes off in seconds. I installed the strap normally.

Putting the bracket back on was a little tricky, but I found if I put in the large through-frame bolt just enough to catch threads, then also put on the two smaller ones just to make sure the thread were connecting and not cross-threading, then tighten the smaller one and lastly the big one. I also found at times it was helpful to press down on the bracket or twist it a little to get all the bolts in correctly.

I put back on the corners and they appear to fit and seal. The rear window is a little tighter to snap in the bottom, but it works. Not sure if it is too much pressure or might stretch the window, but if I feel it is too much, I might start over, apply a heat gun to the bracket and allow it to bend over the strap and still keep its strength of form.

In the end, and after I took these photos, I did apply a heat gun for a while to software and then bent them down a little. One looks fine. The other I perhaps pushed too hard and on a little crack on the bottom. Considering that these really don't have all of the pressure on them, I think it will be fine.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Grab Handles No Longer Fit 20210823_065259

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Grab Handles No Longer Fit 20210823_065305

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Grab Handles No Longer Fit 20210823_070657

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Grab Handles No Longer Fit 20210823_074021

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Grab Handles No Longer Fit 20210823_074306

Last edited:

SergioGmz

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S 2020
Sadly just joined the club, it a shame that Jeep is offering this on the website when you buy a Gladiator and these dont even fit, thats incredible wrong. Hope they fix this quick

16412494819113939029379083151439.jpg

16412495220014248081582109875982.jpg
Sponsored