First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
@DailyMoparGuy Looks like I had my bars crossed lol .. The track bar is fine, just my part identification as a newb is showing ... The tie rod and steering drag link .. They both have the slightest bit of play vertically and from what Ive read its normal .. so the clunk remains until I can get to the shop .. Crazy how it only happens when I apply the brakes at slow speed backing in/out ..
Sponsored

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
@DailyMoparGuy Looks like I had my bars crossed lol .. The track bar is fine, just my part identification as a newb is showing ... The tie rod and steering drag link .. They both have the slightest bit of play vertically and from what Ive read its normal .. so the clunk remains until I can get to the shop .. Crazy how it only happens when I apply the brakes at slow speed backing in/out ..
It’s weird that multiple people are reporting this issue lately. I had the same issue for a couple of weeks but it went away and I haven’t been able to replicate it. Hopefully yours gets sorted out. Like someone else mentioned, check the control arm torque and front sway bar torque as well.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Video below to refresh people's minds.

I finally got around to bringing in my Jeep for Wave oil change and rotation and a new door panel. (the original had a cosmetic flaw from the factory) . All that was done no problem.

Various misfire codes, they did the service bulletin and we will see if that solves that.

But the front end click, I demonstrated it of the service advisor. (as an ex service advisor, I know that this is necessary to avoid the dreaded "could not duplicate")

He acknowledged that there was definitely a sound.

When I picked it up today the RO said that it was a normal sound coming from the differential as lash between the teeth was taken up when it is loaded going forward then going backwards.

I told him that I didn't buy it for a single minute but wasn't going to push things. I've got another 50k miles on my powertrain warranty and unless it gets worse I won't worry.

I still need to check suspension bolts. At some point I'll come up with a safe way to be near the front of the jeep when its rolling so I can tell if its coming from the differential. But I doubt it.

Sponsored