First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
I have the brackets, but looking to see how everyone is attaching their boards to the mount. Maxtrax makes some nice mounting pins but they are currently not available.
The trick is to have them secure but also readily available for use. Do not want to just through bolt them and have to unbolt on the trail.
My plan is to mount them on the sides of my rack. I was thinking some kind of hooks for the top and something more reliable on the bottom. Long bolts with some type of plastic handled nut might work. Just figure that someone already has a better idea.
Thanks!
Sponsored

Professor_Chaos

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x4, bmw 330xi, jeep Gladiator willys
Occupation
Homemaker
Was thinking about mounting under my trifold hard tonneau. Would obviously sacrifice some bed height but I'd personally be hard pressed to have the bed full when those would be needed anyhow.

The thought is I can just flip up the lid for easy access without having to unpack anything.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
I was thinking some kind of hooks for the top and something more reliable on the bottom. Long bolts with some type of plastic handled nut might work. Just figure that someone already has a better idea.
Thanks!
Hooks on the top with a single mount on bottom, if there's a middle hole, should work to keep effort at a minimum. Not sure how much movement would happen at 60+mph.

I haven't figured out my mounting yet (impatiently waiting for my racks to arrive). At the minimum I'll probably use wingnuts and a pin/padlock. I'm also thinking about wiring the hardware so they don't get lost, or put in someone's pocket and forgotten. Not sure how well that'd work on a wingnut... but it's been a while since I perused the fastener section at the hardware store.

Trail-ready idea would be to have rings bolted to the rack above and below the boards, and some heavy-duty bungee cords that go over the top.

If there were spring collars/clamps like what you use to keep weights on bars in the size of the mounting bolts, that'd be pretty slick as well. I've only found 1" diameter clamps.

BennieD

First Name
Bennie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Where did you get that rack?
Sponsored