New bronco revealed

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Yeah, cuz this mirror location is so attractive and useful for those who mount A-pillar lights and snorkels, etc. in that area.

I didn't realize buying mirrors is such a huge problem for the people who actually do remove their front doors. I'm so glad Ford has "some really smart people" who made solving that a priority in the design of the Donkey. :giggle:

10b9ff57-5988-4bde-a029-6487ea5f12fb-jpeg.jpg
It makes more sense, personally I don't understand the permanent snorkels or the a-pillar lights since they block the windshield from folding down.

The mirror situation really is just a pain. All the reviews of the affordable ones are pretty bad, and CMM's ones are over $250 just for a set of mirrors. But in general I am kind of just buthurt about the mirror situation on the JT, it really needs a set of a-pillar mounted adjustable truck mirrors. These ones suck because they are on the door, and are terrible for a truck that markets "best in class towing"

I agree the bronco doesn't look great, but it can't be easy to design something with removable parts without making some compromises. I will take function over style any day.
Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Wake me up when a stock Ford Bronco does the Rubicon Trail.......
The Ford Bronco hasn’t had a chance but a Colorado ZR2 did it and drove home. I’m sure if the want it to the Bronco can do it too. FCA is not the only manufacturer who can build an off road rig. They are just the only one who stuck with it during the lean years. I live my Gladiator and have no intentions of getting rid of it. But I also have no delusions about it or Jeep being the best everyday vehicle.
https://jalopnik.com/stock-chevy-colorado-zr2s-rocked-the-damn-rubicon-trail-1795144023

Last edited:

OL1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTLE Black, 2018 JLRU White, 1967 Corvette Converible, 2011 997.2 TTS
It makes more sense, personally I don't understand the permanent snorkels or the a-pillar lights since they block the windshield from folding down.
How often have you folded the windshield down? I've done it 2 times, fun when you are going under 20MPH or slower, I don't enjoy it otherwise. I could see out on a slow trail it being nice, I can relocate my lights in about 10 minutes to the side if I ever decide its necessary again. Or we just take the JLUR instead of the JTR.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
How often have you folded the windshield down? I've done it 2 times, fun when you are going under 20MPH or slower, I don't enjoy it otherwise. I could see out on a slow trail it being nice, I can relocate my lights in about 10 minutes to the side if I ever decide its necessary again. Or we just take the JLUR instead of the JTR.
I just got mine in November so haven't had the weather for it yet, but plan to a bunch this summer. Already had the doors off a few times. Bought the tie downs with the jeep. I partially got the JT to feel my want of a motorcycle but be family friendly, lol. Might actually do it tomorrow and friday when it will be in the 80s.

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Long Travel IFS Taco bouncing....

4Runner, not a Tacoma! That ring gear sure took a Poop. Such an unpleasant sound. Of course this can happen to Jeeps just the same!
Sponsored