Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
No, the fender vents behind the front wheel...they look like vents at least...
Ah, I didn't even notice those... curious indeed. I'm not sure I like them really... and I'm not sure what they'd add from the vent that's already back there. I bet the new fenders mess with the look of that so they had to fill in the gap.
Sponsored

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
Ah, I didn't even notice those... curious indeed. I'm not sure I like them really... and I'm not sure what they'd add from the vent that's already back there. I bet the new fenders mess with the look of that so they had to fill in the gap.
if they are functional, I wonder if they’d vent air from the engine bay, helping to cool it...

Deleted member 24880

K9 Blue is amazing! would love a Gladiator in that color but no need for the box.

HONCHO

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
That thing will have our Aussie friends going bananas! Love it!

What size tires are those? They look like 35's, but I can't quite tell.

Jeeps arent dependable over in OZ. can"t take the heat /dust or water crossings .

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 18 JLU Rubi, 2008 JKU Rubi, 07 Vette
Jeeps arent dependable over in OZ. can"t take the heat /dust or water crossings .
My friends in Oz, SA, and Kenya say otherwise. One has a 2007 JK Rubicon, like mine, with nearly 250,000 miles to show for it. He'd definitely debate you on that. He did add a snorkel with a dust pre-filter but so has every Toyota, Land Rover, or Nissan down there, too. So I don't think many vehicles do well with extreme dust without that setup.

Check out theroadchoseme.com. See what Dan Grek did with a JK. With snorkel and hood heat vents, he circumnavigated Africa and his Jeep did exceptionally well. 3 years and 54k miles. No significant issues with the Jeep. The old 3.8 even handled poor quality fuel quite well. He also ran a TJ on the Pan American Highway from Alaska to the southern tip of S. America.

The reason Jeeps don't do so well in OZ has more to do with short fuel range than anything else. Plus, they are light duty and can't carry enough to be self-sufficient for long. The Gladiator takes care of those shortcomings with its load-bearing capability.

And on top of all that, no rig down in OZ has a hot dog roller and bun warmer, either. So there's that. ;)

Last edited:

Sponsored

HONCHO

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My friends in Oz, SA, and Kenya say otherwise. One has a 2007 JK Rubicon, like mine, with nearly 250,000 miles to show for it. He'd definitely debate you on that. He did add a snorkel with a dust pre-filter but so has every Toyota, Land Rover, or Nissan down there, too. So I don't think many vehicles do well with extreme dust without that setup.

Check out theroadchoseme.com. See what Dan Grek did with a JK. With snorkel and hood heat vents, he circumnavigated Africa and his Jeep did exceptionally well. 3 years and 54k miles. No significant issues with the Jeep. The old 3.8 even handled poor quality fuel quite well. He also ran a TJ on the Pan American Highway from Alaska to the southern tip of S. America.

The reason Jeeps don't do so well in OZ has more to do with short fuel range than anything else. Plus, they are light duty and can't carry enough to be self-sufficient for long. The Gladiator takes care of those shortcomings with its load-bearing capability.

And on top of all that, no rig down in OZ has a hot dog roller and bun warmer, either. So there's that. ;)
check out Ronnie Dahl "s U tube channel , His dad had one .

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 18 JLU Rubi, 2008 JKU Rubi, 07 Vette
check out Ronnie Dahl "s U tube channel , His dad had one .
I've actually talked to Ronnie and his Dad personally, via chat, several times. His Dad is a big fan of that Wrangler. Ronnie echoed what I said about its limitations, being payload and range. He told me the only downside mechanically, outside of its light duty stature, was lack of parts availability. He thinks the JL will improve upon this as Jeep has increased marketing for it greatly over the JK.

As I said before, the Top Dog concept addresses the limitations and would be a good fit for the type of off-roading Ronnie does, especially with a diesel.

HONCHO

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So he wasnt unhappy about his early engine replacment . and his rebuilt failure ? Seemed to be the case in his videos . Not sure how many Australians can afford a Gladiator anyways .